Innocent

Stiles had expected things to be awkward with Allison there, however the silence in the room was nearly suffocating. Derek had offered them breakfast and Stiles regretted not opting to eat in his own loft area.

Instead, they were all sat around the large table avoiding conversation.

Stiles cleared his throat after about ten minutes of painful silence.

"So, Corey, have you heard anything from Mason?" Stiles looked at the ex-hunter before shoving a bite of eggs into his mouth.

"No, I was gonna message him after breakfast," Corey glanced to Allison briefly who was pushing a piece of sausage around on her plate.

"No news is good new right?" Scott piped in then, a hopeful lilt to his tone.

Allison gave a derisive snort.

All eyes fell on her, causing her to pause.

"No news is usually bad, actually. That means that Kate is likely being more cautious with her information. Mason may not be able to help us anymore," Stiles explained calmly.

"Great, so now how do we get information?" Jackson snapped, crossing his arms and sitting back in his chair. His plate was already empty.

"I actually..." Allison started quietly, "Had a thought about that."

All eyes were once again on her. A few narrowed, a few surprised.

"You need more than me and Mason so I was thinking about reaching out to Lydia. She's the center of information, she'll know when the council is gathering and where. She also happens to be the biggest gossip but the secret keeper. I might be able to find out whose got doubts about Gerard and Kate. I'm sure Mason isn't the only one who doesn't believe Stiles is capable of betrayal for no reason. He was willing to listen, there might be others," Allison's eyes lifted up to Stiles.

"You're sure she can be trusted?" Derek asked Allison, though he tossed a questioning glance to Stiles.

"I don't think she'd listen to Stiles cause of all the rumors and everything. She'd need more. But if I talk to her with him, I think she'll listen," Allison answered.

"I can go too, maybe Mason can come with. The more people she sees siding with Stiles, the more she'll be willing to help," Corey offered.

Allison nodded, "If Kate hasn't sent a search party after me yet, Lydia will have no reason to think I'm disloyal. If Kate has started rumors about me running off, well, that may make things more difficult."

"Like Stiles said, no information likely means Kate's not talking yet, if we reach out sooner than later, we should be fine," Corey pulled out his phone as if checking for any updates from Mason.

"Derek?" Stiles looked to the alpha as if for permission.

"We need information and Chris is already stretching too far. If she knows he's feeding us information I don't want to think what she could do," Derek frowned.

"He's her brother, she would never hurt him," Allison's tone was defensive.

"Didn't she poison you?" Erica piped in with a raised brow.

Allison pursed her lips and dropped her eyes to her plate.

"Erica," Derek snapped.

"What? It's true. If she's with us, she can't be defending them," Erica scoffed.

Allison's head snapped up then, "I'm not with you, I'm with Stiles," Her hand clenched her fork so tight the sides began to bite into her fingers.

Theo piped in next, "I hate to break it to you, but Stiles is with us so if you're with him..." he wore a smug smirk on his face as he spoke.