The Charity Ball

1st January 2016 / New Jersey

Rosie's POV 

Staring up at the ceiling as I lay here in bed, all my nerves rushing to the surface. Today is the day of the ball, the day I'll be singing the songs for Jon, I just hope everything goes perfect. I had went out shopping yesterday to buy something to wear, considering nothing I have is 'Charity Ball' material. I've never even been to a charity ball before but I have seen photos and they all look quite formal, suit, ties and long flowy dresses. So that's exactly what I opted for, a long, fitted, black satin dress which was laced up at the back and low cut at the front. The Ball starts at 6 tonight and ends at 1 in the morning, so I have plenty of time to relax my nerves. Jon was going to have the ball at his house but decided last minute to have it at a local center which has a stage and plenty of tables and seats for everyone going. 

After a while of aimlessly lying in bed, doing nothing, I decide to get up and head downstairs for some breakfast. Nobody is around so I trot right in the kitchen and grab some cereal, milk and a bowl. Sitting at the table, munching on my cereal while humming to myself. "Mornin" My body flinches in shock, my head whipping round to see Richie standing in the doorway. "Morning Rich" Smiling up at him before returning to my cereal. "You get some sleep?" Making his way over to the table and taking a seat. "Yeah... surprisingly" Snickering as I trail off. "Why surprisingly?" Furrowing his brows together with confusion. "I've been having dreams of Jon ever since he left" Slurping the last of the milk from my bowl. "Good dreams I hope" , "Oh.... amazinggg dreams but that's the problem.... It's a dream... It's not real" Shrugging as I trail off. There it was, that silence that everyone would give me whenever I mention not seeing Jon again and it was starting to frustrate me and add to my suspicions. I've been secretly wishing and praying any chance I get that I'll see him again, so hopefully it works. "You looking forward to tonight?" Smiling over at me "Yeah I'm excited and nervous... I've never been to a ball before" Feeling the excitement burst from my skin. "Morning guys..." Our attention drawn to Dave who just strut through the door, shaking his curly locks as if he's just woken up. "Morning Dave" Smiling up at him as he takes a seat at the table. "Morning Lemma.... you look like shit" I couldn't help but snicker at Richie's comment to Dave. "Aww thanks Rich.... you do too" , "Well we are getting old now" Richie throwing his hands up in the air. "You two are like teenagers you know that?" Switching my gaze between Dave and Richie. Eventually we were joined by Tico and Alec who both looked like they had been through a war with their bed. They have slept here the whole week before going home. "Did Richie tell you he got some photos of you dancing on the bar in nothin but your panties?" I nearly swallowed my tongue at hearing what Dave said. "You what?" My eyes nearly popping out my head. " you were dancing on the bar like a stripper, I had to do somethin" , " I have a habit of taking off my clothes when I'm drunk.... Doesn't mean I want to be a stripper" Shaking my head as I trail off. 

Hours later and I'm busy getting ready for the ball, still pretty nervous. My hair is waved and I have very light makeup on. Last but not least I slide my black knickers on before shuffling my dress up my body. Quickly fastening the laces before shuffling on my silver heels. Once I'm done, I walk down the huge staircase, like Cinderella in her beautiful dress. The four of them waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs like my guardsmen. Jon had to head over to the ball earlier to open it, but the rest of us are going for 6. There'll be a few different singers and bands on tonight, I don't have to sing until 9.30, which gives me a while to talk and have a few drinks.  

I can't actually believe it, here I am, in a beautiful limo with Bon Jovi going to a charity ball. Tico and Alec both have their wives with them But Richie and Dave are riding solo tonight. "So are you guys my bachelors tonight?" Wiggling my brows at them with a smirk. They both looked at each other before looking back at me "We'd be honoured honey" Dave giving me a warm smile. "Come on let's have some champagne, we have half an hour before we get there" Richie exclaiming as he reaches for the champagne bottle while Dave grabs the glasses. After they pour out seven glasses of champagne, they pass the glasses round. I'm not really a champagne drinker, it tends to go straight to myself so I better pace myself. After 30 minutes, we finally make it to the building, the limo coming to a sudden halt outside the front door. Richie and Dave got out first, holding out their hands to help me out. I take their hands with a smile seeing as limos aren't the easiest to get out of, especially if you're wearing heels.