Me, Myself and I

15th February 1986 / New Jersey 

Rosie's POV

I arose from my deep slumber, humming and yawning out a wide stretch of my aching muscles. The rays of the midday sun creeping through the crack in the curtains, casting Jon's room in a golden hue. Upon my groggy inspection around his illuminated room, I can see the air and surfaces are thick with dust. I know when it comes to house work, he's really lazy and won't do a thing, not even if it means keeping his apartment clean. In fact I think he rather likes the fact that it's dirty but I on the other hand, can't stand a dirty living space. 

I roll my body out of bed, letting my feet adjust to the weight of my body, which always feels heavier in the morning. With the swipe of my hands, I clean the tired from my eyes, allowing them to open up properly. 

I quite like the early mornings, because I know Jon goes out for his daily run, then he'll quickly have a shower then straight back out to write music with Richie. So naturally I end up having a lot of the morning and midday to myself, which I quite like. I love having time to myself, being able to do my own thing and Jon is exactly the same which makes it all easier. Honestly if we saw each other all the time, it would drive us both crazy. 

I swing open the bathroom door, turning the nozzle for the shower on. Ever since I got stuck in the towel cupboard, Jon always keeps a towel in the bathroom for me. I strip out of my pyjamas and take my fist step into the shower. The warm water rolls down my curves, soaking my skin. I sigh and coo as the water blasts down my body. Th other thing I love is a warm shower in the morning, nothing more refreshing, Jon on the other hand can go at least a week without a shower especially when he's on tour and a couple of days when he's at home.  

A short while later, the front door clicks shut, telling me Jon is back from his run. "Are you usin my shaver?" My head whips towards the door to see Jon standing there, his arms folded in front of him "Well.... yeah.... I don't have my own.... I can just let it all grow out if you--" I go to place the shaver back down when he cuts me off "No No No.... That's alright babe... I can give you my card.... I'll let you buy all that shit in". My head drops in shame and utter disappointment "Hey.... what's the matter?" Catching sight of my expression, he leaps into the shower, encircling me in his embrace. "I just.... feel like I'm taking all of your money.... I hate it... I'm so used to getting by on my own" , "You're not takin all my money.... and that's exactly what you need to get used to..... the fact that you're not on your own anymore.... you have me" He lifts my chin up with his fingers, placing a delicate, loving kiss on my wet lips. He's right, I'm not on my own anymore, I have him and he loves me. "Mmm.... I love you" Cooing further into his embrace. He snickers lightly "I love you". I've noticed he's not one to say it too often which I don't mind but when he does say it, my heart sings. 

"I'm gonna go see Rich alright? I'll be back later on........ you have my card don't ya?" I bashfully dip my head, my cheeks flushing pink "Mhhmm". "Alright.... see ya babe" Giving me one last wave before he disappears out the door. I can hear the distant roar of his engine as he drives off. 

After a while of aimlessly wandering around the apartment and blankly staring at his card, I decide to get dressed and go into town. I'm pouncing along the street with my full bag of bathroom essentials that Jon didn't realise I actually need. My attention is drawn by a job add in a music store window. This would certainly pass the time while Jon is busy and it would get me some cash. I swing the door open and walk inside "Hey... umm... about the job add in the windo---" I don't even get a chance to finish my sentence when the bulky man cuts in "If you want it honey.... It's yours". The store is full to the brim with everything to do with music. There are guitars climbing with the walls along with keyboards, drums and mics. There are also rows of vinyl's and even a few band t-shirts.