A White Christmas

20th December 1987 / New Jersey

Rosie's POV

"Babe... can you come here please!!" Jone husky voice echoes through the apartment, immediately catching my attention "coming". I scurry my way into the small dusty living room to see him in a panic, flicking through his pile of jeans "Yeah babe?". "Have you seen my blue jeans.. with the... uhh... studs on the sides?... I can't find them anywhere?" He palms the back of his neck, ruffling his wavy locks much like a proud peacock revealing his radiant feathers. He glances between the pile of jeans and me with such a helpless expression which I have to say looks absolutely adorable. I sigh deep as I scan the sloped pile of jeans, my hands resting on my hips "Yeah... I know where they are". He watches as I walk over to the pile, sliding my hand between the material and yanking out his jeans "Right.... Here". I dangle them right in front of his face with the most smug look on my face. "What? They were not in there.. I looked through em" His jaw drops open with pure shock, most likely thinking I have the power of making his clothes appear at will "No babe... your version of looking is just staring at the pile... maybe if you actually put them away instead of keeping them in your suitcase... you'd actually be able to find them". He scoffs in amazement at my ludicrous suggestion "Are you kiddin? Why would I do that... when I have you to do it for me". Its true, he leaves them lying around for so long it bugs the living hell out of me, so I eventually give in and put them away. They've been crumpled up inside his suitcase which is half open in the corner of the living room, exactly where he left it when we first got home from tour. I sigh with frustration and cross my arms in front of me, pretending to be annoyed "what makes you think I'll do it this time? I'm not a fucking pack horse Jon". He wiggles his brows suggestively, strutting towards me with his arms held out "because.... you know I'll make a shit job of it... I'm much better at... this" He trails off into a soft kiss, his hands snaking round my waist. I burst into a fit of giggles when he starts nibbling at my cheek and neck "Okay okay... go get dressed... I'll sort them out later".

"Okay... we need gifts for your mom and dad... brothers and.... I think thats it" Checking my little list of Christmas shopping for the hundredth time "Actually... I have some extra stuff to get so we could meet in like half an hour? Then get their gifts". "Okay well uhmm... meet you right here in half an hour" Quickly pecking him on the lips before scurrying further into the mall.

I aimlessly wander round the mall, not having a single clue what to get Jon for Christmas, he has so many clothes, more so than me and wouldn't sit and read a book to save his life. I blow a raspberry out of pure boredom, glancing around the mall for a sign. Just when I'm starting to lose all hope, a record store comes into view, he loves records but doesn't have a whole lot of time to buy any. I bite my lip with anticipation as I enter the labyrinth of music, feeling completely at home. I do miss my little music store and think of it often, wondering how Sammy is getting on, seeing as she would have taken on the reigns after I left. I'm sure she's getting on great, she's a strong, fierce woman, unlike me. 

After a while of looking, I come away with 'The Rolling Stones-- Some girls' for Jon and for me, I bought Bad Reputation by Joan Jett, just to treat myself. I did have these albums in my collection in London, what id give to have that record collection back again, it was magnificent, I don't think there was a band I didn't have. Jon's record collection is good but very different to mine, he has a lot of Bruce Springsteen, Boomtown Rats, Southside Johnny and so on.

I potter on further into the mall, venturing far and wide, searching in every shop I set my sights on. I'm now carrying a few bags in each hand, having found a few more gifts for Jon and his family. I do so hope he likes the gifts I got him, they are by no means expensive but definitely look like things he would like. By the time I make it back to the spot I have to meet Jon at, my arms are nearly snapping off from the weight of the bags. I gasp with relief when I plonk myself down on a bench, feeling a sudden weight lift from my shoulders.