Becoming Mortal

Rosie's POV

"Where am I?" The man in front of me caresses my cheek softly, a warm smile brightening up his face "You are back where you belong... Angelica". "My name is Rosie" I spit out my words in distaste for my true name. He remains ignorant to my feelings and continues to scan me as if I'm a project "You have turned out... more beautiful than I'd hoped". I grab his hand and forcefully yank it away from my face "I have a boyfriend.... My name is Rosie... and I'm not your project... you forced me back here". He sighs out of frustration and paces the floor in front of me "It was only ever temporary.... you know this Angelica". "No... you can't put me down on earth.... let me have a chance at a normal life then pull me away from it" He smiles apologetically and shakes his head "I'm sorry.... Angelica... but there's only one person who can do as you ask". "Well tell me and I'll ask!!" He hesitates for a moment, his eyes full of uncertainty "God".

"No!! You can't just walk in!!" I remain ignorant to his warnings and storm over to the large door "Yes I can.... and I am!!". I'm a foot away from the door when it swings open, as if he knew I was coming "It seems he's willing to listen to me". I inhale a deep breath, hoping it will give me the courage I need to speak to him. He stays put outside while I nervously walk through the doorway and into a large room that looks very much like a throne room, only with no throne. At the centre of the room is a silvery, liquid metal globe which peaks my interest straight away. My eyes take in the majestic beauty of the room which isn't a room at all but more like It's own little world. There are pearlized clouds scattered around with gushing white waterfalls. Unicorns and other mystical creatures roam around in the distance, making it appear more like a dream than reality. Finally I come to a stop in front of the globe, peering in to see Jon inside a room, deep in a slumber "Jonny!!". 

"While you sleep..... Dream of me...." I gently sing out a song for him, knowing he'll hear me in his dream. My hand morphs inside the globe until I feel his soft fluffy hair, combing my hand through it. He sighs and wriggles round in bed, clearly having felt my warmth. My finger caresses his cheek, trying to be as gentle as possible so I don't wake him. "Carry me..... to my love..." My thumb brushes against his soft plump lips, missing the loving kisses they used to give me. I whip my hand back in shock when he jumps up in shock, glancing round the room "Rosie?....". My heart aches for him so badly, how I long for him to hold me. "Rosie.... is that you?" I hesitantly push my hand back inside and caress his cheek. He gasps and clutches his cheek for dear life, his eyes squeezing shut "I love you... Rosie". 

"He misses you" I gasp aloud and spin round to see the man himself, god, in human form "I miss him too". "I know... why you have come" My head droops lifelessly, knowing fine well I'm about to get an ear full "It's not a simple task you ask of me... Young Rosie". "You.... called me Rosie?..." He laughs gently and holds out his hand for me "Of course.... it is your name... is it not?.... you prefer to be known as Rosie?". "Yes... I do" I slide my hand inside his and feel completely at ease, like all my troubles are gone " The task you ask will be a mere blip... a thousand years is nothing to an angel... but for the life of a mortal... it will take time". "Please... you created me.... you know me.... you know how much I want this..... This isn't a feeling that will fade with time...." As I look into his eyes, all I see and feel is love, pure love being reflected back at me and an understanding "Do not worry.... young Rosie.... I will do as you ask.... but there is.... something I wish to show you first". 

He leads me outside into a large majestic, beautiful garden. All sorts of people and angels fill the grounds, all laughing and having so much fun with each other. It truly is such a beautiful place but I want to be with Jon. He reaches his godly hand out and points over at a young man, laughing with an older man and woman. I squint my eyes and focus in on them. The woman looks just like me and I recognise the man to be my father, which means, the boy, is my twin brother "Oh my.... I--Is that?". "Go to him"  He gently nudges me in their direction and before I know it, my feet are carrying me off. I'm totally captivated by them, how beautiful they all are and just how happy they all look. My eyes are fixated on my brother, my twin, the other half of me. I've spent so many years, wanting so badly to see him. He looks like me in that his hair is wavy bleached blonde and his bright emerald eyes. His eyes catch my gaze and holds it as I close in on them. He has a meaningful look in his eyes, as if he already knows exactly who I am. My parents notice me but I'm so enchanted by my brother that I haven't spared a glance their way yet. They both shuffle back a few steps, letting us have this moment. I come to a stop right in front of him, our eyes still locked together. My hand makes it's way to his cheek as does his, caressing mine. In a split second, we have each other captured in a warm embrace, holding on for dear life "Asher!!!". I burst out sobbing all over his shoulder as does he all over mine "Amy Rose". I gasp at the sound of my name from his lips, squeezing him in tighter.