Detroit Rock City

26th May 1987 Detroit 

Jon's POV 

My heavy lids peel open, my hands rubbing my tired features in hopes of waking myself up. Suddenly last night's events flood my brain, instantly making me smile, it was the best night of my life. A sudden urge to cough makes my body jolt up as a rough cough bursts from my mouth, the pain in my raw throat swiftly returning. I know I shouldn't be drinking, especially with my throat feeling like sawdust but I still need to have some fun otherwise what's the point. 

Once my coughing fit has subsided, I roll over to face Rosie with a groan, wrapping my arm around her bare waist. She's sprawled out all over the bed, completely naked seeing as she fell asleep straight away last night. She's a real heavy sleeper, she could honestly sleep through a hurricane. I raise my hand to wipe the mess of hair that's covering her face, instantly smiling when I see her beautiful features. She tosses and turns in her sleep, nuzzling herself further into my embrace with a sweet sigh. Her adorable coos into my chest make my heart melt into a pool. My knuckles caress the smooth skin of her cheek when her hand comes darting up, grasping my hand and pulling it into her face like a teddy bear. 

"Mhmm....No Jonny.....can't eat cake for dinner.." Mumbling out her words. My brows knit together in utter confusion, what on earth is she talking about cake for dinner?. "What?" My voice is full of confusion as I whisper out my words to her. She burst out into giggles before breaking the silence again "Sausages.." Mumbling out her words again. Suddenly the door swings open and Richie comes strutting in, thankfully the blanket is covering her body. Before he has a chance to say anything I place my finger to my lips and gesture him over to the bed with my hand. He tiptoes over to the bed and sits at the bottom "What's going on?" Whispering out his words so he doesn't wake Rosie. "Listen" Pointing to Rosie who's still fast asleep. Another giggle bursts from her lips "Give me back my fucking lego Dave!!" Raising her voice slightly. Richie and I desperately try to hold back our laughs, hoping she says more. She wriggles and coos into my chest again "Jon" Her voice is so gentle and soft. "Yeah, babe?" Whispering out my words softly, hoping it won't wake her up. We sat and waited patiently for her to respond but she didn't, instead, she slowly started to wake up. 

She lifts her head as her eyes creep open "Morning baby" Smiling up at me with her sleepy eyes. "Mornin honey" Planting a soft kiss on her forehead. "Mornin Rosie" Rosie gasped in shock when Richie speak up. "Richie!! you gave me a heart attack..." Giggling as she trails off. "What are you doing here"  Looking at Richie with utter confusion. "We've been listening to you talking in your sleep" Her cheeks glow pink with embarrassment "Oh God.... I haven't done that in a while". "Well I hate to break this up but we have to get to soundcheck" Richie butts in, causing Rosie to pull her hands away from her face. "What you talkin about? what time is it?" My brows furrowing in confusion. "Jon it's nearly 12" My eyes widen in complete shock "Oh shiiiiiit....." My hand throws the blanket off my body, nearly revealing Rosie's naked body. My feet dart across the room to my suitcase, ripping it open "Rich go get ready.." Commanding him whilst pulling out skinny jeans and a vest. "HOLY SHITT!!!!" Richie shouted out in shock, causing me to whip my head around. "What?" My brow once again knitted together in concern. He turned his attention to Rosie "What did you do to him?". Rosie's cheeks glowed bright red as she sunk further into the blankets, attempting to hide her face. "What are you talkin about Rich?" Throwing my hands up in confusion. He bounded over to me, spinning me around so my back is facing the mirror. My head turns to the side as I try my best to see my back, my eyes widening when I notice several claw marks on my skin.  

A short while later, we're all at the arena for soundcheck, leaving Rosie in the dressing room while we head to the stage. "So sounded like you guys had a fun night last night" Richie wiggled his brows at me suggestively, prompting a snicker from my lips. "One hell of a fun night Rich" Grinning like a cat that got the cream "And those claw marks man... She must be wild" His eyes widening with intrigue. After we're all set up for a soundcheck, we start the first song straight away. We're mainly just checking the sound quality and making sure everything is at the right level, so we don't start the show and suddenly there are loads of problems.