No more machine

1991

Rosie's POV

The air in the car is thick, you can almost cut it with a knife. Jon has been in a silent rut all day because of this award. 'A vanguard award for 7 years? I don't want it' He put it to me plainly when we were on our way there. The fury inside of him is coming off him in waves and I dare not say or do anything that will make it worse. He hasn't been himself since the end of the tour, this depressive mood has gotten the better of him. Everything from the record company, right down to the last man controlling them has gotten under his skin and he's finally breaking. The way he's staring at Doc is terrifying, I have no idea what's going to happen.

"There's somethin I wanna talk to you about... Doc" His tone is straightforward and serious and it takes Doc by surprise, "I think... I know". "This isn't easy... we've been together a lot of years... you've been a great friend and manager to us". There's a long eerie silence and all you can hear is the tapping of the rain on the windows "But... I think it's time we go our separate ways". "I think I agree Jon... As much as I've loved being your manager... I think it's time" My tense muscles finally relax into Jon, I'm so happy it's going as well as it can go "I just want you to know... it's not just you.... I'm getting rid of everybody... all the management... every last man". "Wait... Jon.... you're gonna need some management" Jon nods his head in response, he told me what he plans to do "Yeah... I'm just taking on the manager role until further notice". "I.... I don't think anyone's ever done that Jon... It's a lot of work... are you sure you want to do that? I mean what do the other guys think about this?" He sighs deeply and trails his fingers up and down my arm while he thinks "There may be some scepticism there... they'll worry.... It's only natural but in the end, they'll trust my judgement". 

The rest of the journey went by in complete silence, bringing back the sound of the rain. I'm not sure what kind of mood Jon is in, I've never actually seen him like this, he looks pissed off at the whole world. When we got home he sat down in front of the tv, so I decided to join him, maybe if I ease into it, he might talk to me. My body snuggles into warmth, resting my head on his chest. He sighs deeply and wraps his arms around me, perching his chin on top of my head. A comfortable silence fills the room before he sighs deeply again, something is eating at him and I need to get him to talk about it "Baby?". "Yeah hun?" I lift my head to search his azure pearls and all I see is torment "You okay?". "I'm fine.... I'm just... worried about what's going to happen" He closes his eyes and sighs at the feel of my hand caressing his cheek "Oh Jonny... you take so much stress on your shoulders...... let me help? let me ease it for you baby?". He snickers devilishly and hoists me up onto his lap "Well Uhm.... now that you mention it..... it has uhh... been a while". 

. . .

"Oh fuck!! ....... yes!!!" The pleasure is so intense and fills my whole body. His large hands clamp around my waist, guiding me down on his angry cock "Fuck!!". Pleasure climbs higher with each breathy moan. Even his scent is enough to make me cream from my slit. His eyes burrow into me and he licks his perfectly shaped lips as if to savour the flavour of our kiss. "Fucking take your shirt off right now!!" My hands forcefully yank and tug at his shirt with a ravenous hunger to see more of him "Ughh... god Rosie". The shirt ends up on the floor, revealing his fuzzy hairy chest and flat toned stomach. He is the sexiest man I have ever laid eyes on and I just can't believe I'm married to him. A loud moan explodes out when his abs bulge and pulse through his upward thrusts "Ahhh yes.... yes right there baby!!!". My core buzzes with a rush of adrenaline when the pleasure consumes me. His name slips out when my orgasm arrives, pushing him over the edge. 

We're in comfortable silence, wrapped up in each other's warmth when an idea pops into my mind. His arms drop down as I squirm away from him, making my way over to our record player "Where ya going?". There's a crackle of the needle hitting the LP and a short silence follows. A familiar tune fills the room as I turn back to face him and hold out my hand to him "Dance with me?". Everyone knows he's not a dancer, his mom knows, Richie knows, Dave knows, his brothers know and of course, I know but what everyone doesn't know is that he dances with me. When we're all alone like this and there's no audience, he dances with me and it's so special. He slides off the sofa and teasingly struts over, his blue-eyed gaze holding strong. "Wise men say..... only fools rush in..." We both watch as our hands merge, his large one blanketing mine. "But I can't help.... falling in love.... with you" His free hand secures me in his arms as we begin to sway from side to side. Time has disappeared and it's just us here at this moment. He's not a rock star and I've never seen him like that, he's a man, with a beautiful warm heart, he's my husband and I love him, what else is there to say?.