Love of my life

1975 / New Jersey

Rosie's POV

Where am I?

This place looks familiar

But how did I get here?

The last thing I remember is falling asleep in Jon's arms and then I woke up here. As I walk through the familiar halls, my memory is jogged. It's Jon's old family home before they moved but how could I be here? they don't even live here anymore. It looks pretty much the same but slightly different, some furniture is in a different place and the wallpaper is different. There's a family picture up on the wall but something is different, Matt isn't there, which is rather odd. My hand nudges the door open to reveal the living room. My heart thumps hard when I notice the clock on the wall that says the date is 1975 and the time is 3.30 pm. How can this be happening? God made me mortal? so this is impossible unless I still have my time travel powers, that is the only explanation I have. 

Suddenly the door swings open and a much younger Carol comes bounding in. She's wearing a dress that is covering her huge bump which would explain why there aren't any pictures of Matt. The panic rises inside of me when she stops in the middle of the room and stares off in my direction, can she see me? I have no idea what I'll say if she can. I hold my breath when she waddles over to my side of the room and stops right in front of me. She sighs and continues to stare right through me, it's as if she can't even see me "Looks like they're back". 

While she goes to the front door to greet them, my curiosity takes me up the stairs. I'm dying to see Jon's bedroom, to see if it's different or not. My feet take me to the door and I swing it open. A smile breaks out on my face when I see the bare wooden walls, the wooden bed with blue bedding, a bookshelf, a desk, and a guitar perched in the corner. There are posters of Bruce and southside Jonny on the wall above his desk. On his bookshelf is a record player with various LPs scattered on the shelf. I have to admit, It's much tidier and very different than when I first saw it in 1986.

"Who are you?" Gasp, my head spins round to see a very young-looking 13-year-old Jon hovering nervously in the doorway. His caramel hair is swept over, looking rather dapper and suave, for some reason I was expecting him to have a dorky haircut. I remain silent, thinking he's got to be talking to someone else, right?. He raises his brows as he looks me up and down then backs out of his room "MOM!!! THERE'S A WOMAN IN MY ROOM!!!". "wait.... no no no... it's okay" Before I have a chance to say anything else, his mom comes rushing up the stairs, looking petrified for her son "JOHN???". She rushes past him and glances around the room but she still can't see me "John Francis... Do you mean to scare me half to death?!". "What? No she's right there!!" She huffs out a sigh and trudges back down the stairs "One more peep out of you young man and you're grounded". 

He remains by the door, so I take the opportunity to go over to his record player and start the record that's already on. Born to Run by Bruce starts blasting from the speakers which don't surprise me one bit. "What are you doing? don't touch my stuff" I choose to ignore him and sit down on his bed, taking a moment to scan everything in his room "So this is what your room looks like.... don't worry John... I'm a friend". He hesitantly shuffles in the room and shuts the door behind him "Who are you? Where did you come from? Why the hell can't my mom see you?". "Uhm... It's a long story.... I'm.... from the future..." He stops in front of me and stretches out his hand intending to touch me. He gasps when his hand clamps over my shoulder "How can I touch you? But... I'm the only one who can see you". "I don't know.... The last thing I remember is going to sleep and when I opened my eyes... I was here.... I figure I'm here for a reason" He looks me up and down once more with a skeptical look in his eyes "So... you say you're a friend? Do you know me in the future?". "Yes... I know you very well John" Once he's comfortable enough, he sits down beside me but I can tell he's still nervous. I turn to face him and smile warmly, hoping it will ease his nerves. He responds with a wide smile and tugs at one of my blonde strands "You're really pretty".