I'd die for you

20th April 1986 / New Jersey 

Rosie's POV 

I'm gazing out onto the setting sun, illuminating the ocean in hues of gold and orange. Along the landscape sits a lone lighthouse, perched at the very end, watching over the open ocean. The cool air is thick with salt, so strong that I can almost taste it. The only sound around me is the crashing and whipping of the waves, dancing back and forth. The ocean rolls right up the beach, getting my naked toes wet. I love the feel of the ocean and the warm sand on my feet, It's so calming and soothing, I can understand why Jon lives opposite the shore. 

Speaking of Jon, he's currently in Canada with the band recording the new album. He doesn't call seeing as he's too busy, which I don't mind, I have my job at the music store and his mom stops by the occasional time to chat. On the evenings I come down to the shore and watch the sunset, my favourite part of the day. Jon and I have spent so many nights on this beach, chasing each other and cuddling as the sun sets in front of us, they are some of my favourite memories. He did tell me before he left that they'd back sometime in May, but couldn't give me an exact date, he said it all depends on how they do in the recording sessions. 

Just as the last ray of sunlight disappears, turning the sky a darker shade of blue, I push myself up off the sand and start making my way back up to his apartment. By the time I get back inside, I'm covered in sand from head to toe, so I have a quick shower to clean myself off. 

Once I'm all clean, I throw on Jon's robe and scurry into the kitchen, looking for something to have for dinner. I grab a whole bunch of rubbish, news papers and magazines and toss them in the bin, which essentially fills it up to the brim. I huff out in frustration, knowing I'm going to have to go down and get rid of the garbage bag. It always takes so long to walk out the front way and walk round to the back where the bins are. There are stairs at the back that leads to the bins but Jon told me not to use it, but right now all I want to do is hurry down so I can get back and relax.

 I quickly grab the bag and sneak out the back exit, trotting down the metal staircase. I make it to the large bins with a sigh of relief, tossing the bags inside. I jog back up the stairs, my wet feet slapping against the cold metal. Just as I reach the top, I misjudge my stepping and slip, causing me to stumble. I lose my gripping on the handle and fall backwards down the stairs, eliciting a deafening squeal. My leg twists and cracks as I hit the bottom and my head thuds against the pavement, knocking me out. 

Jon's POV

'I'm sorry the person you are trying to reach right now, is unavailable..... please try again later' The nuisance of an operator repeats the same message to me for the fifth time. I growl with frustration and slam the phone back down in the holder "Still no fuckin answer!!.... I mean where is she?! she doesn't know anybody except my mom". "Then why don't you call your mom?" Richie shrugs out his words with ease, as if it was so obvious to call my mom. I huff like a child and yank the phone back in my hand once more, dialling my mom's number.