Little Bongiovi

September 1990

Rosie's POV

My mind is pulled from the sweet dream when the blaring of my alarm rings through my eardrums. I've been so tired lately that I've been sleeping in an extra 3 hours and my body aches are horrendous. Usually Jon would give me a belly rub but he's been touring with southside Jonny for the past month. He said he should be back any day now but still no sign of him. My muscles ache as I roll out of bed, adjusting to the weight of my huge bump. It is getting exhausting just waking around now because my bump is so heavy. I'm honestly longing to go into labour, I need this to be over with. 

My sore feet stroll into the bathroom, eager to have a nice warm bubble bath. I plug up the bath and turn on the tap, watching as the stream of water fills the tub. With a gentle squeeze, my bubble bath oozes into the stream, turning into a creamy bubbly mess. 

While the bubbles start to rise in the tub, I take a moment to stare at my bump. My hands rub circles, feeling the kicks and bumps against me. I can't help but wonder about this little baby, who they'll turn out to be. We decided not to find out about the sex of the baby, we'll be happy with just a healthy beautiful baby. We don't get too many surprises with his job so this will be a nice surprise. Although, Jon does seem to think we'll have all girls but we'll see when the time comes. I think he'll be an amazing dad, he's so caring with everyone and he loves taking care of people. On the other hand, I think it'll be an adjustment for us, having a daughter or a son, travelling when he starts touring again. Speaking of touring, we actually attended David's wedding and they all got on like a house on fire. I was shocked to see them so happy and talking but then again, why wouldn't they. 

A deep sigh escapes when my feet dip into the warm bubbly water. The silky caress of the soap against my skin feels amazing. I love having bubble baths, I find them so calming and relaxing. If Jon were here, we usually share a bath together and he'll rub my bump. Usually it ends with us having sex but I'd never complain about that. My body sinks into the tub, letting the bubbles rise to my neck. 

. . .

After a good half an hour in the tub, I'm currently heading back to my bedroom with my robe wrapped around me. I honestly didn't want to get out the bath, I could have sat in there all day if I could. My hand nudges the bedroom door open to reveal the big empty room. I've gotten used to the silence while he's away, considering I spent so long on my own before I met Jon. I usually keep myself busy which is better than idly sitting waiting for him to come back. Sometimes I go with coffee with his mom or I'll go for walks. I've had plenty of time to think about what I want to do and I think I want to open up a store, a music store of course and I know exactly how to start seeing as I've done it before, but this time I want to do it bigger and better than before. I've had my eye on an empty store in town and it's really big with an upstairs and a downstairs. I met with the owner to see if I could rent the space and he just got back to me yesterday with the good news. However, there's just one person I haven't told about any of this, my husband. 

Jon's POV

I'm finally pulling into the driveway to my house, such an amazing feeling coming home knowing she's here. It feels nice having someone to come home to, someone who knows everything about me and loves me all the same, just as I love her. The thought of how big her bump is now makes my heart flutter, after a whole month of not seeing her. With the flick of my wrist, the car simmers to a silence. I take a moment to glance out the window at our home, daydreaming about when we bring our baby home for the first time. I can't wait to hold them, play with them, kiss them, teach them everything I know, protect them and love them.