twenty one

"WELCOME TO Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah sighed, leaning her head on the window. Scarlett brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly. She hated this part of the island, not that she'd been there often. But when she was a child, her father would occasionally force her to accompany him when he wanted to buy more drugs. Scarlett shook her head very slightly, wanting to rid herself of the memories.

"I don't know about this, man." Pope voiced, sounding just as worried as Scarlett felt. JJ pulled the van to a stop right outside the shack. The building itself, and the surrounding area, seemed to be very neglected and the whole place was run-down. Though, Scarlett supposed, it was in the middle of a drug dealer's den. "Dude, why are we at Barry's?" Pope asked, speaking the question they were all thinking.

"This'll only take a second." JJ told them, dodging the question as he climbed out the car.

Scarlett reached forward, sliding the van open and stepping out. "JJ, please don't do something stupid." She pleaded, becoming increasingly worried for the boy. "Let's just go home and rethink on how to switch out the gold."

"Sorry, no can do, Sweetheart." JJ called over his shoulder.

John B leaned his head out the passenger window. "Where you going?" He asked the blonde.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ replied, not looking back as he walked up the steps onto the porch. The group all watched from the van as he disappeared into the house.

Scarlett shook her head. "I'm gonna go stop him from doing something stupid." She mumbled, following in the direction of her boyfriend.

John B pushed open the passenger door and climbed out, quickly catching up with Scarlett. "You might need some help." He told her, noticing how she had furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"I don't doubt that." Scarlett muttered. "JJ can be a difficult one to reason with." She pushed open the front door, stepping into the cabin. When they walked into the kitchen, they saw JJ turning the place upside as he searched for something- presumably money.

"Yeah, so what's your plan, slick?" John B asked him.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us,"  JJ said, picking up the cushions on the sofa and searching the back of the seat. "We shall stealeth from ye." Not finding anything, he threw the cushions haphazardly back onto the sofa.

"What are you saying?" Scarlett asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"An eye for an eye, Doll." JJ explained, walking further into the house and heading towards the cupboards.

John B followed after him, blocking JJ's path. He put his arms on the boy's chest, stopping him for a moment. "Yeah, that's great, JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh? He knows who we are."

JJ scoffed, shouldering past him. "I'm not scared of this guy."

Scarlett followed after him. "You might not be, but I am. What happens if he comes after you? Or after us?" She questioned, reaching out and grabbing his arm as he started to open a cupboard door. "What happens then, JJ? What happens then?"

JJ looked down at her, his rage leaving for a second as he analysed how scared she was. "Nothing's gonna happen." He insisted, shaking away her grip. "You need to stop worrying so much, Scar." He walked away, disappearing into the back bedroom.

"JJ, don't-" John B started, his words trailing off. He shared a concerned look with Scarlett before watching her follow after JJ. Stopping in the doorway, Scarlett saw JJ pulling everything from the wardrobe and chucking it onto the bed.

"There we go." The blonde grinned, placing a duffel bag on top of the mess. He unzipped it, turning it upside down and letting the contents reveal itself. Scarlett's eyes widened slightly and her concern only grew when she saw the stacks of cash.