one

"we're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time."

SCARLETT WOODS sat atop a piece of scaffolding that was attached to the reinnervations of the building the Pogues had broken into. She sat next to JJ, her head leaning on his shoulder. On her lap lay an open sketchbook, given to her by Kiara as a birthday present. Pencil in hand, she began to sketch the view of the skyline, the sun reflecting beautifully on the small waves of the sea.

"I don't see why you're not trying for an art scholarship." JJ told her, taking a sip of his beer. "You're stupidly talented at drawing."

Scarlett blushed lightly, and gently shoved shoved his arm. "Lies, JJ. You're telling lies."

"He is right though, Lottie." John B called down to her from where he stood on top of the roof. "You've always been a very talented artist." He was standing right on the edge of the roof, beer in hand as he dangled his foot over the edge.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope called up to him.

"Yeah, be careful John B." Scarlett called, drawing her attention away from the beautiful sunset and up to her best friend. "Wouldn't want you falling to your death."

"I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope told him.

Scarlett gestured her hands in his direction. "You should listen to him." She called. "He's the smart one."

"I'm always careful." John B called back, grinning at her. He took another sip of his beer. "Should I do it?"

"What? Jump? No, you idiot. You could get seriously injured." Scarlett protested, closing her sketchbook.

"Yeah, you should jump, man. Give Red a heart attack while your at it." JJ laughed, throwing his arm around her shoulder and ruffling her hair- which was styled in a simple high-ponytail.

"Yeah, jump." Pope called up to John B, holding up a drill that had been lying on the deck. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" He pretended to hold a gun and fired an imaginary bullet at Pope. "Pow!"

Scarlett stole the can of beer from JJ's hand. "What the hell, Red? That's my beer!"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh, so I can take your t-shirts, but not your beer?" She asked, lifting the can to her lips and taking a sip.

"Well, you know... They're completely different things." He shrugged, but making no attempt to take back the alcoholic beverage.

"Besides, I'm gonna need this drink if John B really does jump off the roof."

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kiara informed the group, walking back outside to join them on the deck.

"I'd love some towel warmers." Scarlett sighed, taking another sip of beer and moving closer to JJ's side.

"Well, I'll just have to save up all my money to buy us some, my love." JJ said softly, leaning his head on hers and squeezing her arm gently. Scarlett tilted her head up slightly and smiled at him. JJ glanced down at Kiara. "Of course. Why wouldn't they have them?" He said, his voice louder as he addressed the rest of the group.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" She questioned, moving under the scaffolding to stand on the main deck area. She stood next to Pope and looked up to John B who was still standing precariously on the roof. "Can you please not kill yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer." JJ yelled up to him. "I'm not giving you another one."

Scarlett shook her head slightly, moving to a better position where she could see John B. "I think we have bigger priorities, like health and safety." She elbowed JJ in the ribs, making sure to not be too harsh. "More importantly, don't die!" She yelled up to the roof.