nine

SCARLETT AWOKE the next morning with the worst hangover she had had in a long while. After agreeing to going 'full Kook', the Pogues continued to sit around and drink. Scarlett couldn't remember much, other than downing can after can of beer. Although, she faintly remembered stumbling into the Château and drinking various bottles of Vodka. Scarlett opened her eyes and rolled over to find herself wrapped up in JJ's arms. She turned her body slightly so she could reach the bedside table. Picking up her phone, she read the time. 7:30am.

"Shit." Scarlett cursed, gently pushing JJ's arms away. She sat up and ran a hand over her face. She had half an hour before the start of her shift at Heyward's. Scarlett raced over to the chest of drawers and grabbed one of JJ's old shirts. She pulled it over her head and tied the end into a knot so it wouldn't fall around her thighs. She then grabbed a pair of old shorts and pulled them up her legs. Scarlett brushed her hair, making sure it was acceptable before throwing it into a low pony-tail- she would probably braid it on the way in, or during one of her breaks.

She walked back over to the bed and picked up her phone- which miraculously had a lot of battery left in it. Scarlett smiled at JJ, who was still asleep, and leaned down to place a kiss on his cheek. His face scrunched up, and without even opening his eyes, he reached out and pulled her onto the bed. "Where are you going?" He mumbled, pulling her closer to him.

"I have to go to work, remember?" Scarlett whispered, brushing his hair out of his face.

"Stay here instead." JJ mumbled, burying his face in her shoulder.

"I would love to. But I don't want to get fired, which is likely to happen because I'm gonna be late." She looked up as Pope opened the door and stepped into the room.

He ignored the sight of the two cuddling at stared at Scarlett. "Are you coming to work this morning? Because John B offered to give us a lift, and that offer won't last much longer."

Scarlett sighed. "Yes, I'm coming to work. But this idiot won't let me go." She used her free arm to gesture to JJ.

Pope turned his gaze to the blonde boy. "I think we're doing deliveries today. So, we'll probably need help with that. If JJ's up to it, he can help. Then he won't have to leave you."

JJ looked up, finally opening his eyes. "That could work." He mumbled.

Scarlett nodded and pulled herself out of his arms. "I'll see you in five minutes out on the porch." She smiled at him and placed a kiss on his forehead.

❤❤❤

Scarlett sat on the bow of the boat as they sailed through town. Both her and Pope had turned up to Heyward's- JJ in tow- ready to work their shifts. Except that the store was shut and they didn't have any deliveries to do because nothing had arrived at the store. So now Scarlett found herself propped up on her elbows, stretching her legs out in front of her and resting them atop JJ's.

JJ whistled and tilted his head in the direction of the boat that was coming towards them, but on the other side of the channel. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter."

"None of what you just said made any sense to me." Scarlett chuckled.

JJ shook his head at her. "All you need to know is that it's the number one in luxury, quality and performance." He said, looking over his shoulder at the boat. "200K, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope stated.

Scarlett nodded, her gave fixed on the expensive motor. "Tell me about it."

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara informed them as the gap between the boats grew smaller. Scarlett scoffed as she stared at the Kooks. She threw her middle finger up at Topper as he drove past. Sarah Cameron had one arm wrapped around his waist as she used her other hand to balance her sunglasses on top of her head.