epigraph

IN THE past few months, life for Scarlett Woods had become an absolute shit show, more so than it had ever been. her mother had disappeared at sea- along with her best friend's father- and after searching, she had been presumed dead. her father had lost his job, spending his days drinking and smoking all kinds of unsafe drugs. this made him less than unfriendly, and Scarlett found him much more scarier than he had ever been. her younger sister, Maisie, had become a prodigy at school- excelling at every single one of her classes- which had landed her a position at the Kook Summer school for rich children of her age group.

as for Scarlett, she had finished the school year by failing the majority of her classes and was now spending the summer hanging out with her group of friends- the Pogues- in between her shifts at 'The Wreck'. The restaurant was run by Kiara's parents. Kiara's parents were a sort of substitute family for Scarlett, they had taken her and her sister under their wing when their mother went missing- having known that Steven Woods wouldn't lift a finger to help his two daughters. They would often look after Maisie for the day if Scarlett found herself too occupied to do so, which she would find to be a reoccurring thing over the summer.

Scarlett often found herself breaking the rules, mainly because of the influence the Pogues had over her. And, a few months before the start of the summer, she found herself breaking a very important rule; no Pogue-on-Pogue macking.

this was the groups number one rule, and she had broken it. more specifically, she had broken it with JJ, one of her closest and oldest friends.

Scarlett knew that they would have to keep their relationship a secret, for who knew what it would do to the Pogues. but what was one more secret to keep? it'd be easy, right?

 but what was one more secret to keep? it'd be easy, right?

⁎⁎⁎

Edited: 13/11/2020