ten

"POPE, WE'RE not stealing the drone." John B reassured as he drove down the road. "We're borrowing it."

Scarlett shook her head and leaned back so that her feet rested on the back of John B's seat. "If we get caught, JB, I won't hesitate to murder you."

John B sighed. "We won't get caught, Lottie. I promise."

"And I promise to kill you if we end up in police custody." Scarlett retorted.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope said.

"Huh?" Scarlett asked, looking away from JJ, who was rolling up a joint, and over to Pope.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asked, glancing at him through the mirror.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope explained.

"Oh." John B said, focusing back on the road.

Scarlett sat up straighter, holding her hand out for JJ's freshly rolled joint. "I just rolled this, and you want a hit?" He asked her, raising an eyebrow. "Seriously, Scar?"

She stared at him, a serious look falling across her features. "Yes, seriously, JJ. I'm not making anymore bad decisions as I am. I'm gonna have to be at least a little bit high if you want my help on this."

John B glanced over his shoulder at the pair. "Just let her have it, JJ." He said, turning back to the road. "We need her to be a part of this if we have any chance of borrowing the drone."

Scarlett smirked at JJ as he gave in and handed her the joint. She grinned as she pulled out her lighter from her pocket before lighting the joint and taking a hit. "Much better." She laughed. JJ sighed at her as he began to roll himself another joint.

"So, which is it?" Pope asked, leaning forward in his seat. "Fantasy or reality?"

"Both." Scarlett said, tilting her head back and blowing smoke from her lips.

"Can you not do that, Lottie." Pope requested, waving the smoke away.

Scarlett pouted. "But it's fun. JJ, Pope's ruining my fun."

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked him as he finished rolling up his second joint.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." Kiara said, answering Pope's earlier question.

John B stayed silent for a moment before turning to Kiara. "Reality." He smiled.

"Virtual reality." JJ commented, flicking his lighter and lifting it up to his joint. Scarlett giggled, taking another hit. She rolled down the widow and leaned her head out of it, letting the smoke leave her lips.

Pope leaned forward and grabbed the joint from between JJ's lips before he could light it. Pope flicked the joint to the back of the van, as JJ stared at him with an annoyed expression on his face. "Keep the signal clear."

Scarlett laughed, taking another hit. "Guess I'm the lucky one." She giggled, turning to JJ and sticking her tongue out at him.

"Same goes for you, Lottie." Pope said, reaching forward and taking her joint- throwing it out the open window. "Keep the signal clear." Scarlett frowned at him. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her seat. "Besides, I think you've had enough hits already."

"You know what your problem is?" JJ said as the van pulled to a stop and Kiara hopped out the passenger seat.

"You?" Pope questioned.

"No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

Scarlett leaned her head against the door, sighing as she listened to the two boys bicker. "Kie, take me with you." She moaned, leaning her head out the window.