Twenty-seven

Chapter 27: Lucas

Mark looked at his Boss, Boss V who was sipping his wine nonchalantly. He has been so excited over the news and the events happening, his boss' plans are all going smoothly and surely.

"Jeon... Jeon..." Boss V mumbled before laughing hysterically, "Jeon, eh?" he asked before sipping his wine again and placing it on the table.

"Mark, any calls from those people?" Boss V asked Mark.

"Yes, Boss. From what they've collected, the family is being monitored by them. We are still looking for the plan to get them out of the Jeons' sight," Mark told his Boss who nodded.

"I want them ASAP, Mark. My plans are slowly going the way I have always wanted. I am having second thoughts about that guy so I am going on a plan B if ever that guy loses his brain." Boss V told his right-hand man impatiently. He knew that a day would come when Lucas would turn their backs on them because apparently, the guy is soft-hearted for a criminal.

"Roger that, Boss." Mark paused before saying, "But do you trust him? What if he fails? It'll be harder," he asked.

"Don't be stupid, Mark. I am not that dumb, that's why I am planning another one," Boss V told him while smirking.

Mark smirked at his boss.

"Boss V, Lucas is here," one man said then he signaled the man to let the guy in.

"Report." Boss V asked as he went inside the dark room.

"B-boss, t-there's n-nothing much happening," Lucas said nervously.

"Hmm. You won't betray me, right Lucas? You know what'll happen right?" Boss V threatened making Lucas gulp hard. He knew what path he chose to walk on but he knew to himself that he's been regretting this ever since he started.

"I-I won't, Boss," the poor lad responded nervously.

"Good. Now, go there and do your job as Jeon Jungho." Boss V told Lucas who nodded before going out leaving both Boss V and Mark smirking.

⚜️

"Son, where have you been?" Grandpa Jeon asked 'Jungho'.

"Just went out. Anyway, what's happening here?" he asked looking at the kitchen filled with mess. He stared at them weirdly asking about what was going on in the house.

Lisa and Somi giggled while the older ones laughed, "We actually wanted to make a cake, Lisa eonnie here is teaching me how to make some," Somi said cheekily.

"Hmm." Somi's 'dad' hummed or should we say—Lucas.

Then, the siblings went downstairs together, Lucas looked at them and just nodded before looking at the ladies in the kitchen.

"Dad, when did you come back?" Junghyun asked his father who was standing in the living room facing the kitchen.

"Just now. I just went out somewhere," Lucas reasoned.

Junghyun just nodded and went to the kitchen with his brothers.

"Anyways, boys, you should help us with this cake that we are baking." Grandma Jeon told the young men in the house while busying herself in the kitchen.

Jungkook went beside Lisa and kissed her cheek before working on the cake nothing happened that made Lisa flustered. Her face slowly turned red as she blinked at his bluntness for even kissing her in front of his family.

"Ahem, we're still here, you know?" Mrs. Jeon snickered earning waves of laughter from the rest.

Lisa became shy but Jungkook just chuckled and made her elbow him which earned a groan.