Last Phonecall 🔪

Jirou ran and hid in the alleyway. Any second now and the building was going to explode with all the villains inside. All the pro heroes and students should be out of the building... right? She peeked around the corner. There was only one person going down that road but they will definitely have gotten away in time. She turned back into the alleyway and hid behind one of the bins. 

Soon enough, a loud band rang through the area. Minutes passed and the final soundwave was gone. Jirou could feel the blood oozing down her ears from the loud sound but she didn't care, she was already used to it. A slight buzzing noise was heard from her pocket. Jirou took her phone out - Momo. Maybe she was calling to check that Jirou was alive. Jirou picked up the phone and put it to her ear. Nothing but silence was heard from the other line. About a minute had passed and a small sigh was heard. 

"Momo... are you okay?" Jirou asked. Worry was written all over her face. Silence.

"Name one hero who was happy..." Momo began. Jirou tilted her head in confusion. What on earth was Momo on about? There is loads. But Jirou couldn't think of one at that moment. 

"You can't..." Momo continued. Jirou could feel her eyes tearing up. Did something happen to Momo? No, she had to be alright, she was positioned furthest from the building. Unless they told everyone different layouts so the traitor didn't know where Deku and Bakugou were positioned. A good plan but that means that leaves everyone else as spares that could get killed and no one would care. 

"I can't..." Jirou whispered. A tear ran down her eye. 

"I know. They never let you be famous and happy..." Momo's voice cracked. She was clearly crying but trying to cover it up. Jirou felt her own body hit the floor as tears ran down her face. She curled up into a ball. This couldn't be happening. Momo couldn't die. They promised they were going to live out a happy life as heroes and adopt a child and grow old together. Jirou couldn't believe it. 

"I'll tell you a secret..." Momo whispered. Her voice was calm even though she was slowly bleeding out to death. 

"Tell me" Jirou responded in the same tone. Sniffles could be heard from both ends. 

"I'm going to be the first!" Momo replied with a quiet laugh at the end. Why was Momo so happy at a time like this? She was dying!

"Swear it." she added. Jirou's breath hitched. Swear it? Momo had to be joking. This was all a joke right? She wasn't dying. 

"W-why me?" Jirou managed to say between quiet sobs. 

"Cause you're the reason!" Momo chuckled. Jirou stayed quiet. Her high school crush confesses her feelings on her death bed. The purple-haired girl didn't know what to say.

"Swear it..." the black-haired girl whispered. She was beginning to run out of air. Jirou couldn't move. And even if she could how was she going to find her in all the debris. 

"I swear it" Jirou stuttered. She gulped. Someone had to have at least heard something and went to try help Momo. She couldn't imagine a world without her. 

"I swear it... I love you Kyoka..." Momo whispered and a sigh left her lips. She isn't gone. She isn't gone. She can't be gone! Their promises, their love, their smiles. Was it all just going in the bin like it never existed?

"Momo please don't go! I can't live without you! I need you!" Jirou shouted out. No reply. Jirou screamed in pain. Momo was gone. 

She was never going to have her happy ending...