"So please..." 🔪🎧

Gotta love it when your friends have a group chat without you in it and they even specifically told you 😭👍 Feeling great rn. Totally not wanting to cry. Anyways, enough about me, onto the fanfic

Also, fun fact: Did you know daffodils (aka narcissus) symbolize unrequited love, vanity, and egoism? Just thought you should know

:)

-

-

-

Jirou stared at the starry night sky, wandering in the forest near the school. She usually went there to write or listen to music but today it was different. She needed a break. A break where she was all alone. Just her and her body.

She walked slowly through the tall, uncut grass, hoping to find a place she hadn't been to. Jirou knew parts of the forest nearer to the school, this coming from the amount of time she had spent just strolling while listening to music. It was somehow comforting. All the scents of different flowers. All the pawprints of the animals. All the intricate archways the trees had created. It was like just out of a book.

The girl walked alone silently, listening to the sound of the crunching leaves and sticks beneath her feet. She was beginning to enter new parts of the forest, she was sure of it. She didn't remember the clumps of bushes or the splashing sound of a small river. But she kept walking, searching for an open area. Somewhere where she could just lay down and stare up at the moon.

Soon enough, the trees began to become less and less dense until they opened up to a giant field in the middle of the forest. It was surrounded by tall pine and oak trees, as well as lots of small bushes. But the most extraordinary part of it was the giant patches of dandelions. Jirou was used to seeing them in neat rows beside the roads, but clearly, they could also be arranged messily.

The purple-haired girl sighed and sat down next to one of the clumps, staring at them as she imagined gifting them to the girl she loved. The girl she had dated for such a long time. The girl she had spent endless nights worrying for. The girl she spent so many hours of her life with. The girl she pulled so many all-nighters just talking to. The girl that she had fallen so deeply in love with. The girl who left her over something her family thought.

Jirou felt the cold tears run down her face, but she didn't try to stop them. She knew she couldn't. So instead she closed her eyes, imagining herself and the black-haired girl standing on an old deck. No, this would make her feel worse. She needed to open her eyes again. She needed to get out of this dream... but it felt so real. No, she'd feel even worse once she opens her eyes again.

"So please..." she began, tears forming in her imaginary self's eyes.

"Hurry,"

"Leave me!"

"I can't breathe!" Jirou could feel herself running out of breath while choking back tears.

"But I love you Jirou," the black-haired girl said with a calm smile. It shouldn't feel this real. Jirou needed to open her eyes again.

"Please don't say you love me!" she shouted with tears in her eyes before opening them again and being met with the bright light from the moon.

It wasn't real.

None of it was.

But it still felt too real.