Cheater 👌

Momo's POV

My alarm rang through my dorm room and I turned lazily to turn it off. Even though it was the weekend, I needed to keep my sleep schedule consistent. I groaned as I got up and made my bed. I got changed, brushed my teeth and hair and went downstairs. Hopefully, Kyoka was down there. 

Me and her were dating but we hadn't told anyone because we didn't know whether or not everyone was supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. We only started dating a few days ago, so it was better to see if it would work out and then tell everyone. 

I walked down the stairs towards the common room. The smile Jirou wore on her face around me and her friends flashed through my mind and made me smile. She was so beautiful! I finally reached the bottom of the stairs, walked down the short corridor and turned into the big open room. I looked around and spotted Jirou. I was about to approach her when I saw her lips press against a certain blonde-haired boy's face. And I thought we were actually going to work out!

Jirou's POV

I looked to the side uncomfortably, trying to push the boy off, to see Momo standing there. She spotted my gaze and turned away coldly. With one strong kick, I pushed Denki off me and ran into the corridor. I could hear quiet and frantic footsteps going up the stairs. I am so sorry Momo, I really am!

Why did he do that? Why did she have to walk in right at that moment? Why did fate do this? I could feel tears fill up in my eyes. I ran up the stairs, trying to catch up to Momo. A slam of a door from above was heard and I sped up my pace. I soon reached the door of the black-haired girl and knocked. A loud sniffle was heard from behind it.

"Whoever you are, can you please come later? I am quite busy!" a shaky voice spoke out. A tear ran down my cheek as I placed my head on the door.

"Momo please, open up. I know you are upset but please listen!" I mumbled as my knees hit the floor and tears ran down my face.

"Why should I? You cheater!" anger escaped through Momo's sniffling. The word cheater stabbed me. It wasn't true but to her it was. 

Momo's POV

I can't believe I snapped at her like that. What am I saying? She literally just kissed Denki! I heard a sniffle from the other side of the door and I instantly regretted my word choice. But I couldn't just go back in time and said something else. 

"Please..." Jirou whispered. I hugged the pillow I was holding closer to me. I chose to not reply. I sighed and thought back to what happened. How could I forget that image? Then I thought about it more and realized how uncomfortable Jirou looked back there. 

As quickly as possible I opened the door and hugged the smaller girl. I realized that Denki was the one who actually kissed her. Jirou would never cheat on someone. Especially with her best friend. 

I tightened my hug and started to apologize for even thinking she would cheat. I felt one of her earphone jacks wrap around my arm in a comforting manner. What could I do without her?