Disappearance 🔪

Jirou woke up suddenly, sweat running down her forehead and her top sticking to her body. She just had the worst nightmare of her life. She looked at the time on the alarm on her bedside table  - 4 am. She told herself to just go back to sleep and she would think about it in more detail but she couldn't. People say that if you can remember your dreams then it's a warning about something that will happen. And Jirou had that thought on loop in her mind as she lay awake in her bed thinking about what had just happened in the dream.

The dream was something she wouldn't ever want to happen. It was about Momo disappearing mysteriously and that she was the only one who remembered her. She couldn't even imagine a world without Momo in it. It's as if, if Momo was gone then her whole life would just end. No death, no suicide. Just end. A black, neverending emptiness. Jirou shook the thoughts out of her head and thought about all the happy memories she has had so far with Momo: late-night facetime calls; coffee dates on weekends; sitting on balconies, watching the sunset; skipping classes while hiding in the bathrooms; cuddling each other while watching movies; falling asleep in each other's arms and so much more. 

Jirou had ended up falling asleep thinking about Momo. She loved that girl with her whole life. She would destroy the whole world if that was what she had to do to be with her. Jirou sat up and turned off her alarm. She lazily rolled out of bed and went to her closet to change into her school uniform. She went into her bathroom and brushed her hair and teeth and went into the common room to eat breakfast. Jirou scanned the room for Momo but she was nowhere to be found. 

"Maybe she is feeling sick and didn't want to text me to worry me" Jirou thought as she got a bowl, some cereal and milk and went to sit next to Denki. 

"Morning Denks! Have you seen Momo?" Jirou said happily as she sat down. Denki looked at her confused. Jirou returned the look.

"Who is this Momo you speak of? We don't have anyone in the class named that. Have you had something?" Denki asked. Jirou widened her eyes and poured in the cereal and then the milk.

"Sorry... I must've gotten confused with my dreams..." Jirou replied, a slight sadness in her voice. Did her nightmare become true? It couldn't be happening. A world without her girlfriend was like a world where everything is blank. 

She began to eat her food, one spoon at a time. By the time she finished, half the class had already gone to school. When she finished, Jirou walked over to the sink and washed her bowl and spoon. She walked out of the dorm building and began heading towards the school building. She would've walked hand-in-hand with Momo if she was here. Numbness took over her body as she walked down the brick path. Dark clouds began to form and she entered the school building. 

Jirou walked down to her locker and took out her stuff. She looked over at where Momo's locker would've been, decorated with pegs that would've held pictures of the two of them inside. Instead, it was just the plain locker. No pegs, no decorations - just a plain old boring locker. Jirou looked at where their photos would've been in her own locker and instead they were replaced with pictures of her favourite bands and a few of her and her friends. She sighed, closed her locker and headed off to her first class. 

*Time skip bought to you by my bad memory of what a school day is like even though I attend one every Monday-Friday*

Jirou opened her locker and placed her stuff inside. She closed her locker and leaned on it. She took out her headphones and plugged them into her phone and scrolled through her playlists. Music was the only thing that would keep her happy at that moment in time. She walked out of the building, small puddles formed on the uneven ground. Jirou hummed to the songs as she walked down the brick path once again. The wind blew against her, slowing down her walk towards the dorm building. 

About twenty minutes had passed and she had arrived back at the dorm building. She opened the door and walked to her dorm, ignoring the voices of Kaminari and a few others asking if she was okay. She wasn't. But she didn't want to break down crying over someone none of them remembered. She climbed the stairs, but instead of her own dorm, she climbed to the floor of where Momo's would've been. At least there wasn't someone who took the place of Momo, so she was able to enter the dorm room without anyone judging her. 

Jirou searched through her pockets, hoping to find the key Momo had given her. It was there. At least something that belonged to Momo was still there. She unlocked the dorm and entered it. It was empty except for the bed, closet and desk you get from the school. Jirou sat down on the floor, where Momo's bed would've been... where most of their happy memories were spent. She closed her eyes and tears began to form in them. 

Late-night studying sessions entered her mind. How they would argue over who was right. How they would joke around as they did their homework. How they would cuddle for short breaks between each subject. It was only a few hours since Momo mysteriously disappeared, but she already missed her touch. She opened her eyes when she heard a quiet whispering noise. 

"Jirou... wake up... wake up baby..." the whispering noise said.

Jirou began to actually open her eyes. She looked around and she noticed the white painted walls and a warm feeling around her body. She turned to look at the source of it and realized it was Momo. It was all been a nightmare. A nightmare which she wished to never have to go through again. Jirou quickly wrapped her arms around the girl and tightened her grasp. She never wanted to leave her side again.