Late-night calls 🧸

Jirou lay awake in her bed. It was late yet she couldn't fall asleep. The room was too hot and if she wasn't under her bedcover then it was too cold. She lay awake, looking at the ceiling, trying to to fall asleep. She had even put on her playlist that helped her fall asleep and it still didn't work. 

Jirou even tried to force herself to sleep with things like "You will be too tired to do work at school tomorrow" and "You are gonna look like a mess" but she just couldn't. It was as if someone was pouring water on her constantly so she stayed awake. A quiet 'ding' noise was heard and the light from her phone lit up part of the room. Jirou sat up and turned on her phone. She quickly turned down the brightness since it almost blinded her and looked at the notification. 

'Momo🖤'

Jirou smiled to herself and unlocked her phone. It was quite unexpected of Momo to text at a time like this but she didn't mind it. She clicked on the notification, read her text and started typing.

Momo🖤

Hey, are you awake?

yeah why

Wanna call?

Jirou's smile grew as she read the message and thought about her answer. 

yeah sure

She sent it without hesitation and then looked at the 'call' button. Should she call Momo or wait for her to call her? About a minute passed and she hesitantly pressed the button. Momo picked up quite rapidly and they started talking about random stuff. It was unusual but Jirou didn't mind - if she got to spend more time with her crush, then she'd go right ahead. 

They had now been on call for around two hours and the sky was starting to lighten. Momo explained that she had to go since it was only a few hours till it was time for school and that she needed some rest. Jirou begged her to stay up but no response, Momo just hung up. Jirou sighed and leaned her head on the wall. She had started closing her eyes until she heard a light tap on her balcony window. She flinched but decided to look. It was Momo.

She opened the door to her balcony and let her inside. It was quite mysterious how Momo got from her balcony all the way down to Jirou's but she ignored it - a question for later. The black-haired girl quickly sat on the other girl's bed and was quick to be joined by said other girl. They started chatting once again and Momo laid her head in Jirou's lap. This made her face heat up but she chose to ignore and hide it. Out of instinct, she started playing with Momo's hair. 

The black girl seemed to slowly shorten and quieten her sentences until no responses were even heard from her. Jirou looked down to find that the girl had fallen asleep in her lap. She smiled and then fell asleep herself. 

-

-

Lmao the ending is so damn cringey