The Treehouse 🧸

Jirou's POV:

The Treehouse. It was right in sight. I ran faster than I've ever before. It was the last day I could come here. The wind blew into my face as I sped down the muddy pathway. Why did they have to knock the camp down? I had spent so much time here as a child, just for it to get destroyed. The ladder swayed gently in the wind as I approached it. 

Climbing up the ladder, I felt a wave of comfort rush over me. The light scent of flowers was still there. I climbed into the little house. Memories rushed into me as I sat down on the bench. Here I and Momo would spend hours colouring, talking, building, smiling, joking and didn't even want to go home. We spent hours just cuddling in silence or talking about what had happened in the past year. God, I missed summer camp. 

I looked out of the small window to see the ladder moving. Was someone climbing up it? I watched as a head soon appeared, black long hair flying in the wind. The head then turned into a girl's body, about my age probably. Who was this girl? It wasn't such a popular place. By all I knew, only me and Momo knew about this place. Only me and...

"Momo!" I exclaimed as the girl walked through the wooden door. I stood up quickly and hugged her. I could feel tears form in my eyes. I hadn't seen her since we were seven. 

"J-Jirou?" she whispered. I nodded my head with a smile on my face and felt the girl's arms wrap around me. 

"I've missed you so much!" I said. I would've never expected her to come back here. Especially after spending so many years in London. I mean, who am I to speak? I spent the same amount of time in New York City.

"Me too. I honestly can't believe I would meet you here!" she said as she tightened her grip. 

We used to be best friends and would rarely see each other, other than when we were attending summer camp. She was the only reason why I kept going there. We had to be separated when we were 14. Her family had to move to London for their business and since I barely spoke to anyone other than Momo, my parents decided that it would be a good idea to move to New York City. I don't mind it there, that's where I met my best friend and a friend group that was like my second family. 

A little after we had moved, I realized that I had feelings for Momo but it was too late for me to tell her. We did have each other's numbers and all but we slowly lost touch. I don't think we ever realized it happened until after it did. But right now, we were here, back in the place where we had spent almost our whole childhood. 

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I felt a pair of lips on mine. They were so soft. I hadn't realized I had closed my eyes and once I opened them I felt my face heat up. I was kissing my childhood crush. No, this is just my imagination. Right? 

I pinched myself just to make sure and it was 100% real.