x ʲᵘⁿⁱᵖᵉʳˢ ᵒⁿ ᵗᵒᵖ ᵒᶠ ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍᵉ

Juniper stared at George a good five minutes after he popped the question to her

Juniper stared at George a good five minutes after he popped the question to her. The pair were sitting in a broom closet together, Juniper making mugs for everyone for christmas. Umbridge had forbidden her to go to the pottery room, resulting in Fred stealing things for her and George finding her the empty broom closet, "June, did you hear me?"

"Did Sirius ask your mom if that's okay?" Juniper asked, blinking quickly, "I know she doesn't like me much."

George reddening slightly in embarrassment, "He's your family, you should spend christmas with your family."

"But your family." Juniper went back at him with a knowing look, "Charlie and Bill? Your father? I don't want to ruin this for you."

"You couldn't ruin christmas even if you tried." George had to laugh as he stared over at her, "It'll be loads of fun. Sirius, Tonks, your aunt and uncle... you won't even notice mum."

Juniper looked down. George felt bad suddenly as he shook his head, "You don't have to, I just figured you want to spend it with them."

"I do, and you." Juniper spoke to him quickly, her eyes wide. George reddened as Juniper looked down at her clay covered hands, "Today would be mine and Cedrics one year together if he'd lived."

George really felt bad after that.

"We made it official right after you and I were in the pottery room, do you remember?" Juniper asked him. George nodded his head, staring at her in the small closet, "He asked me to the Yule Ball that same day. I tried to run but you made me go on, remember?"

George nodded his head again.

"It just feels wrong." Juniper said honestly, one tear left her eye, which she hadn't noticed. George did, he noticed the tears along with her sudden popping of the fingers, "Celebrating without him. And without my locket he gave me on christmas, I just don't think I want to do anything."

"You don't have to, June." George reassured her quickly, "I understand, i'm sorry for pushing."

"I do hope you have a happy christmas though, George." Juniper said with a sad smile his way, "With your family and mine."

George hated leaving Juniper at Hogwarts while he had sat in the cozy living room of her own families home. They'd been spending it at Grimmauld Palace this year, festive and joy filled laughter all through the large home. Harry had Sirius, Tonks was making Ginny laugh, Andromeda and Ted had engaged in a conversation with Hermione regarding school activities. It felt weird without her, it felt wrong.

"Aw, lighten up, Georgie." Fred said as he slapped his twin on the shoulders, "Juniper will come around eventually and will be all yours."

"Oh, shove off." George commented, "I feel bad just leaving her there, she should be here."

"She wanted to stay." Fred shrugged, clearly not understand. George huffed, opening his mouth to say something before a loud crash was heard. Molly screamed as Harry drew his wand. A small groan came from the top of the dinner table, the large turkey smooshed.