x ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵘʳˢᵉᵈ ᶜᵘʳˢᵉ

"No!" Juniper sobbed as she banged on her door, hearing the news Theo had brought her, "No!"

"I'm so sorry, June." Theo spoke softly from the other side with squeezed eyes. Bellatrix had the lock to her room, no way of getting in without being murdered for it, "I'm so, so sorry."

Sirius was dead, her dear cousin, gone.

"Mother!" Juniper sobbed as she yanked on the door knob. Theo looked at the end of the hallway and saw Bellatrix approaching from within the darkness of the hallway, "Mother! How could you!"

"Perhaps she needs to be out for a little bit to calm down." Theo tried to suggest to her, getting a questionable look, "It could help."

"She'll stay." Bellatrix spoke with a nod of her head. Theo backed up as Bellatrix stood before the door, listening to her sobbing daughter from within, "Oh, don't cry, Juney. Mummy had to do it."

Juniper yelled as she fell to the floor, hitting the door as she cried. She had no words to say, nothing to possible say that would make her feel better. Her cousin, her real family, was gone. Her own mother had killed him, knowing how badly this would hurt her. No matter how badly she yelled, Juniper would never feel better. She'd only felt this pain once in her life before, only once, and she figured she'd never have to feel it again.

"Fetch me when she calms down, Nott." Bellatrix looked to Theo with a serious expression, "Do not let her out, foolish boy."

"Of course not." Theo promised, listening to his best friend sob on the other side of the door. He knew Juniper too well, he knew that all this killing was killing her as well. He saw how hard she fought when the Dark Lord said she could have Cedric back. She did anything for that cruel lie, like killing muggles and hurting anyone just for him. Theo knew that, from how Junipers brain was wired, that the Dark Lord would surely tell her there was a way for Sirius to get back. And it would just be a cycle of what happened last time, until someone else dies and she is left dying as well.

That's why he waited until late that night, bags packed, a owl on it's why to Blaise, wands drawn, to break into her room with a spell.

"Theo-" Juniper began, sitting in her bed with tear stains on her face.

"Get up, we have to hurry." Theo cut her off, his blonde curls bouncing as he pulled her out of the bed, "Where's your wand? Hurry, hurry."

"Mother has it, what's happening?" she panicked, the necklace Cedric got her around her neck, her hand reaching out to grab his hand as he drug her, "Theo."

"I'm getting you out of here." Theo spoke fast, the pair running down the stairs quickly, "I'm so sorry, Juniper, this is all my fault."

"Where are we going? Are you coming with me?" Juniper asked, thankful her clumsy feet hadn't given out on her as she ran down the steps with Theo toward the dungeons.