Chapter 7 - Eve Largman

PART 1: A NEW MEMBER

Ever since the Elemental citizens had been split into three countries, 300 years ago, there was no official contact between them.

For the past 300 years, Elemental Lands elected a president who would guide them. Eve Largman was the only daughter of the current President. The life of a public figure's son or daughter was not easy. The attention was on them all the time. There were minute details of their lives which were declared in the media. These topics included the subjects they chose at the Academy, whom they are friends with, how many days they skipped class or what grade they got.

Eve hated all of that. And on top of all, her father asked her not to join the E. A. A. The reason was simple from his side. If she went on missions or battle, everyone would defend her instead of carrying out their mission. Also that he would never forgive himself if something happened to her.

Eve was taking this decision for the good of everyone. She was one of the sharpest minds of her age. Everyone acknowledged her for that. She was not joining to fight but to guide the troops with a proper plan on any mission or force management.

Even though she had discovered her Elemental Powers when she was 6, she could not use them after a tragic event when she was 9. She hated to remember that event or to try to use her Elemental powers which reminded her of that. She only relied on her mind to rank amongst the top 5 at the Elemental Academy.

Eve got involved in an argument with her father and left home for a little while. She asked him to control the media's attention and in exchange, she won't join the Association.

There she was, at Master Wyngaf's house. Raymond got his attention back in a second. He said to her,

"Um — yeah. He's inside."

Eve waited as Raymond did not ask her to enter. After a few seconds, she gestured to let her enter.

"Oh — yeah, of course — come in."

Raymond had no idea she was a friend or foe, that's why he did not ask her to enter first. Eve entered the house anyway. She was baffled when she saw Katie lying on the couch with her face covered with a cushion. Katie did not move even when she heard Eve.

"What's with her?" Eve asked Raymond.

"Let's not bother her for some time. She just lost her only hope to live," Raymond said.

"Oh — " Eve made a sad face. "I'm so sorry to hear. By the way, who died?"

Raymond gestured from his arms and said, "Oh, no. No one died. She just — "

Katie stopped Raymond with her dramatic entry. She got up from the couch, still hugging the cushion.

"Yes, I lost an important part of my life," she said, "The sweet beautiful treat of delicious cakes was taken away from me."

"Um — Cake?" Eve gave her best to understand.

"Never mind her," said Raymond.

"The only place I can have that treat is my dream," Katie said, she closed her eyes, hugged the cushion tightly and bit the pillow.

"Stop this, Katie, you're embarrassing us," Raymond said.

Eve was confused but she laughed. "It's nice to meet you, Katie, I am Eve."

When Katie seemed lost in her dream world, Eve pushed her glasses up her nose and turned to see Master Wyngaf coming out of his room. Master Wyngaf halted and looked around. He stopped at the scene where Katie was trying to eat the pillow and Raymond was scolding her. He said,