Chapter 9 - Logic in a Battle

PART 1: REPEATED NEWS

Aarav was reading a newspaper. Annie was sitting and writing something on a paper. Their place was huge, they had separate rooms and three more rooms were left empty. The place was lavish and had a modern feel.

"Why do I feel like someone's talking about me?" Aarav said to Annie.

Annie was confused, she said, "Well, people are always talking about you. Nothing new."

"You're probably right," said Aarav. He looked at the newspaper and said, "They've printed about us again. They say Aarav got away after beating a poor guy."

They had printed the picture of him and the thief fighting weeks ago.

"I hate these reporters!" said Annie, "Printing this for weeks? Don't they have anything else to write?"

PART 2: ELEMENTAL TERMS

Master Wyngaf had his hand over his forehead. Raymond was still from the shocking words he had heard from Eve. Katie's mouth was full of water when Eve said that Aarav's Elemental Energy was near to an 80-year-old person. That was too much. That analogy showed that Aarav had more Elemental Energy than Master Wyngaf or Master Owens. However, Eve was enjoying watching such a play going on right in front of her eyes.

"How are we supposed to beat this guy if he crosses our path?" asked Katie.

"Simple, run as fast as you can," said Eve. Raymond and Katie sat there in silence.

Master Wyngaf coughed to get attention, "Eve, I don't want this part of you getting rubbed on Raymond and Katie."

"That's right," said Raymond, "I won't run away."

"Just to make things clear," Master Wyngaf said, "Aarav having more Elemental Energy doesn't mean in any way that he is as powerful as us. There are other factors like fighting style, Energy Bandwidth, etc."

"Energy Bandwidth?" Katie repeated.

"Let me explain," said Master Wyngaf, "Your Elemental Energy is equivalent to the water stored in a huge tank. The storage is huge, no doubt, but the amount in which it can be drawn out depends on the size of the tap attached to the tank. Similarly, the amount to Elemental Energy which can be used at any instant of time depends on Elemental Energy Bandwidth. And it can help you to efficiently draw out energy so can satisfy your goals and save some for emergencies.

"This Energy Bandwidth is measured in levels, as there is no direct meter to measure it, sensing gives the result. They are in 5 levels, both of them. The higher the level the more the Energy and its Bandwidth. After 5 levels, 5+ is used to describe it."

"How much do I have?" asked Raymond.

"What's mine?" Katie asked, jumping from her seat.

"Energy level 4. Bandwidth level 5," Master Wyngaf said to Katie, he then turned to Raymond, "yours is 5 and 5."

"Why does he get more?" Katie said with a pout on her face.

"Aarav's is 5+ and 4," Master Wyngaf said,

Raymond got happy, "Good, so I have one advantage. More Bandwidth."

"That's my point," Master Wyngaf said, "No one is weaker just because they are less gifted, their training and experience matters. While fighting Aarav, he might never run out of his Elemental Energy, so prepare accordingly. Don't run, accept defeat if it comes to that. Losing brings more experience than running away."

"We will try our best," Raymond said. He and Katie clashed their fists in joy.

Katie's mind suddenly got on to something, she turned to Eve and asked, "Hey, Eve, you don't use your Element, how will you participate?"