Chapter 40 - Finally Over

PART 1: GIVE BACK SOMETHING

Christopher could see the destroyed ground below him. The disk of light made by him was raising him and his team slowly. He knew Raymond and Aarav were not going to come up in the air anymore so he disabled his glow around him. His reaction changed when he saw the barrier-breaking and disappearing.

He was not worried as the mission was complete as much as they knew. He was prepared to dive, but the magical barrier still had some resistance left. He was not able to dive outside the breaking dome. He saw a blaze coming towards him. Master Drake Owens was approaching angrily.

"No!" said Christopher.

"I have to give back something," said Master Owens.

Christopher swung Miri up to his shoulder and shot light rods at Master Owens. Master Owens spun, turned, swung along his way to dodge them. Christopher made the glowing disk disappear so he and his teammates started freefalling.

Master Owens changed his trajectory immediately. Christopher smirked and disappeared from the freefall. He appeared, along with his team, above and behind Master Owens to kick him to the ground. Master Owens turned immediately and grabbed Christopher's ankle.

Christopher knew the reflexes of a Master. They were not strong just for their title. Christopher was tired and had the weight of protecting his teammates with him. He was terrified by the grab Master Owens just did.

"This is payback for troubling us today!" Master Owens said. "EXPLODING CHAIN REACTION!"

Fire emitted from Master Owens's hand and made its way right towards Christopher's body. BOOM! First explosion. Everything was covered under fire and Christopher was not even seen. BOOM! The second explosion was twice as big. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Soon, the entire sky was covered under explosions and flames. Master Owens landed on the ground. The sky was glowing bright with continuous explosions. It was enough to convert the night into day. The noise from those explosions was deafening. When the explosions stopped, the sky was full of black smoke.

PART 2: ON THE ROOF

On the top of the Western stands, Rebecca was sitting at the edge, swinging her legs in excitement. Jade was standing behind her. Their dark blue cloaks were swaying in the wind.

They saw something remarkable happening. Those huge screens showed some interesting fights but the fights with Zortus were invisible. As the magical barrier was blocking all the Elemental Energy, no one could sense anything that was happening inside.

The gigantic barrier was fading and the sky above the barrier's former location was full of black smoke. Jade knew who could have done it.

"So, we didn't get to go inside," Rebecca said with a sigh.

"I'm glad we didn't need to," said Jade.

A few meters away from Jade's right, Master Ellendun appeared out of nowhere. Rebecca sensed his presence and got up quickly. She did not give it a thought and threw her dagger at Master Ellendun's head. Master Ellendun quickly grabbed the dagger by its blade in a pinch of his hand.

"That's a sharp dagger, dear," said Master Ellendun with a chuckle.

Rebecca was on high alert. She just saw someone grab a weapon from a Koyaku citizen for the first time. She waited for the dagger to hurt Master Ellendun, but nothing happened. She slowly walked near her Master.

"It's not going to hurt me," said Master Ellendun. "I am a Wizard and we do not get affected by those things."

"Give it back!" Rebecca yelled.