Chapter 24 - A Wish

PART 1: ARMY FOUR

Master Owens was walking ahead in his blue cloak. He was followed by ten other people in grey cloaks with the number 4 at the back. Those people were the members of Army 4.

Raymond's flare came into their sight. Master Owens immediately realised that it was Raymond's signal. He took a sigh of relief as he knew where those kids were.

Master Owens turned to the Army members and said,

"Two of you, intercept your Captain and direct him towards that flare."

"Yes, Master," one of the men said.

Two men went separate ways. Master Owens hoped the kids were not seriously injured. There were a few Army 4 members who were good at healing, but there was trauma to deal with. Eve had a childhood incident in the forest, there was no telling how much she would be scared there.

Back in the forest, Aarav was moving like a ninja, jumping through the branches. He stopped for a second to catch a breath and saw the flare Raymond had released. He knew it was Raymond as Gavin would never signal to call others. He was relieved that at least Raymond was alive.

A Ghost came in front of him and roared. Aarav was frustrated now. He was tired of all those useless Ghosts getting in his way and slowing him down.

"Don't get in my way," he yelled in rage. He turned his arms into rock and punched the Ghost hard. That Ghost was slammed into a tree's trunk and it dissipated.

PART 2: GATHERING

Gavin was not in a good mood. He saw that Katie had a mark given to her by the Dark Dragon. He checked his body, there were no marks. To rub salt on his wound, Katie had no clue what the sign on her hand meant, Gavin had to explain to her.

"Everyone who is chosen by the Dark Dragon as an owner to any heirloom gets that sign on their upper arm," he said.

He asked her to check if she already got an heirloom. Katie checked her pockets and there was nothing to be found.

Gavin screamed in rage.

"Why couldn't I get one?"

In some other clearing, Eve explained to Raymond about the mark given to him. He also checked his pockets and shoes, there was nothing.

"It doesn't matter," Eve said to him. "The appearance of this sign means the time for prophecy is here. You might not have an Heirloom now, but you are sure to get one in the future."

"What prophecy?" Raymond asked.

"I can't tell you now," Eve said. "It's just a myth anyway. We don't have time now."

Raymond heard something. It was a screaming guy. The voice was familiar so in a moment Raymond realised it was Gavin's voice. They were nearby. Eve thought that too. Raymond grabbed Eve's arm and pulled her along. They had to meet up with the others for their survival.

Gavin's mood was shooting out like a pressure cooker. He was not happy. He wanted to gain power and he could not get an Heirloom while a human got one.

"I didn't do it," Katie said to him. "Why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you," Gavin told her. "I'm mad at my fate! Why!!"

Gavin kicked a rock in anger. His injured leg gave out extreme pain. Raymond and Eve came running through the bushes. Seeing Gavin and Katie safe, Raymond's happiness shot out of the roof.

"You are okay," Raymond said with a sigh.

"Ray. Eve," Katie said. She ran and hugged Raymond and then Eve.