Chapter 29 - Goal-Driven Powers

PART 1: ALICE'S POWERS

Gavin almost got up. He was panting but had only minor injuries. Katie got up and looked at Eve. She wanted to check on her, but Eve said,

"No! Stay where you are. It's come down to two-on-two. I am useless for now. Focus on your opponent."

"But—" Katie wanted to argue, but there was no point.

Raymond got up and stayed on alert. Alice was fast with the yellow aura around her. Not just speed, but her powers were increased as well. That punch she threw at Raymond was not a normal punch. It had great power. If Raymond had not learned to protect his body with Elemental energy, he would have puked his guts out.

"All that training works," Alice told Gavin. "Now, let's get our win."

Gavin got a grin on his face. Alice swayed her hands, her hair magically floated a little for a moment. Gavin received the same yellow aura, his injuries healed in no time.

Alice was a valuable teammate, she could heal and give a power boost to her teammates. Her powers were mysterious, no one had ever had a power like hers in the past. Her powers worked through her hair. She removed the ribbon around one of her ponytails. The aura around her and Gavin grew denser. Their power seemed even greater now.

Raymond and Katie were confused, Alice smiled and said,

"I have boosting abilities through my hair. My hairs radiate so much Elemental Energy that I have to tie them separately just to conserve my strength. Now that I have taken off one of the hair ribbons, my abilities have been raised. You cannot win even in this condition... so think what will happen when I free all of them!"

That was scary. Raymond was a little worried. He never thought Battlelyte would be that serious. In a two-on-two battle, it was near impossible to defeat a team with Alice's powers.

"This is just a friendly fight," Katie said with her naughty smile to lighten the mood, but it did not work. Gavin and Alice were already in the zone.

"We both have reasons to drive us forward," Alice said.

PART 2: ALL OUT!

Gavin ran forward and released a fire beam. It was the thickest they had ever seen. Raymond and Katie separated to dodge it. Raymond launched fireballs, Gavin was even faster than Alice was before. He dodged them all. Katie quickly launched lightning bolts and yelled,

"RAIN OF LIGHTNING!"

Gavin dodged. Flames gathered around his hands.

"LION'S CLAWS!"

Two huge claws formed and extended over Gavin's arms. Gavin scratched Raymond and Katie with each of them. They fell. There was smoke all around them. Raymond and Katie coughed and could not stop.

"You will not win!" Raymond said even while coughing.

Gavin smiled in superiority, he knew his team had won as Raymond and Katie had nothing else up their sleeves. Alice even stopped the aura around herself and Gavin.

"He's right!" Eve said.

Eve was near Gavin out of nowhere. She was quick and made her way through the smoke. She kneed Gavin's gut. Gavin got down with his head forward. Eve made a backflip and kicked his head. Gavin crashed his head on the ground. Alice tried to take a hit on Eve, but she made constant backflips to run away.

Alice did not understand the reason behind Eve's fallback. Alice would take a second to get her aura back, and as Eve was quick and smart she could take her down before that. It came to Alice's mind later, that Eve was just serving as a distraction.