Chapter 39 - Farewell

PART 1: FLAMING BLADES

Miri moved and the rock around her broke to pieces and fell. She said to Aarav, Annie and Raymond,

"I was trying not to fight. But, it has come to this so I have no choice."

Aarav asked Annie to go near the barrier to be safe. He knew that the coming fight was not for her. Even Annie knew that her powers were depleted. She could hardly see anything with her eyes hurting. Annie wanted to help anyway, but she knew that in her condition, she would only get in the way.

Raymond's feet shot fire as he launched himself towards Miri. Aarav ran behind him. Miri moved her hands and yelled,

"SWORDS OF WIND."

Huge blades of wind formed near her and slashed towards Raymond. Raymond slashed his way in using his flames. Miri stepped forward to attack, the ground below her turned to mud and her ankles began to sink.

"Take this!" Raymond yelled.

Raymond punched Miri out of the mud. She landed a few meters behind. Raymond shot himself towards her. Miri got up and was ready to attack. The ground beneath her shook again. Aarav was trying his best to not let Miri attack any of them.

Wind gathered below Miri's feet and rose higher with her on it. Miri was flying in the air away from Aarav's disturbances. Raymond closed the distance between them anyway. This time, Miri punched him quickly. Raymond was slammed on the ground. Aarav took his chance and got nearer to Miri.

"WATER BULLETS!" he yelled

Aarav released hundreds of football-sized bullets continuously towards Miri. She dodged at the same time, closing the distance between them while flying in the air. She reached near.

"FLAME OF ABYSS!"

A thick beam of fire by Raymond pushed Miri up in the sky. He had just planned the move and executed it without any practise.

Aarav was out of the trajectory. He moved his feet and made a rock appear quickly beneath him. That rock's speed of appearance was too quick and it helped Aarav to shoot himself up in the sky towards Miri.

Miri saw Aarav approaching. She kicked him back to the ground. Raymond was flying towards her by emitting flames from his feet. Miri moved rapidly towards Raymond by tearing the air in her way. Raymond shot a fireball which Miri dodged by gliding aside. She came near and punched Raymond. Raymond fell down as well.

Miri moved towards Aarav next. Aarav saw it and released a fire beam towards Miri.

"SWORDS OF WIND," Miri said.

Wind swords pierced their way through Aarav's fire beam. The wind swords dispersed the flames and rendered them weak. One sword slashed Aarav's right shoulder a little. Miri came and stood a few steps away from Aarav. Raymond and Aarav were panting heavily, but Miri's immortal body had no fatigue.

"You can use 3 elements?" Miri asked Aarav, "Are you a Pureblood?"

"I have no interest in that," Aarav replied.

Miri had lived long enough to gather the reasons enough to point out that the boy in front of her was a Pureblood. Only Purebloods could use 3 elements at ease at Aarav's age. Lord Aynor had talked about him.

"You and Aynor will die by my hands," Aarav said in range. He hated Zortus ever since he was a child. Their leader, Aynor was the reason his orphanage was destroyed and all his siblings and caretakers died.

"Don't be so confident, kid," Miri said. "I have had 300 years to master all of the 5 elements."

Aarav got a chill running down his spine. He found Miri to be tough opponent when she was just using one Element. And she was fighting with two people who were in Berserk mode. Fear started taking over as Miri moved her hand. Fire gathered around Miri and formed disks of intense flames.