Chapter 34 - Epic Battle

PART 1: THREE VS ONE

Master Owens did not expect the kids to fight and defeat 3 Zortus members who were far above their level. But he trusted his students. He knew that even if his students could leave, they would stay and fight. Not just his students, he knew Aarav and Gavin. They would never run away either. Alice, Annie and Eve were far too talented to be ignored.

Raymond, Eve, and Annie faced Christopher as per Master Ellendun's advice. Christopher was unhappy with all that. He had expected them to surrender after getting beaten.

"That's ridiculous!" he said. "You will never win! We could have killed you anytime if we had wanted!"

Raymond launched a fireball at Christopher, he dodged it easily. Raymond ran towards Christopher, Eve ran towards him from another side too. She was very good at close range combat, that was her chance.

Annie's eyes glowed purple again, she changed the course of the missed fireball Raymond had thrown at Christopher. Christopher was busy fighting Raymond and Eve at once. Christopher sensed the fireball coming towards him, Eve took advantage and kicked Christopher's shin, he was down to one knee. Raymond and Eve jumped back. The fireball Annie had directed back at Christopher hit him.

There was smoke covering Christopher. Annie was happy with the manoeuvre they executed, but her happiness disappeared as Christopher got up covered in smoke.

"Looks like I can't play with you," Christopher said. "I don't like hurting kids."

"Stop lying," Raymond snapped. He started running back towards Christopher and said, "You Hurt Alice by cutting her hair. What if she can't use her powers anymore?"

"BLAZING INFERNO!

Fire surrounded his ankle and he jumped high at Christopher's shoulder. Christopher formed light rods from his shoulder, those rods immediately disappeared with Annie's powers. Christopher had no choice so he appeared behind Raymond with his flash dive. He grabbed Raymond's head and smashed it on the ground. The fire disappeared from Raymond's leg.

"Stop it!" Christopher scolded.

Christopher threw light rods at Eve, she tried to dodge but got hit in her wrists. Annie made those disappear.

Christopher was not much worried. He acknowledged Raymond's strength, Eve's sharp mind combined with her combat skills and Annie's Elements controlling powers. He knew all of them could not defeat him.

Eve was making her mind work. She knew she could not use Elemental Powers and Raymond used melee attacks. That strategy made Annie usable only to cancel Christopher's attacks. All that was not doing them any good.

Eve thought of something and shared it immediately with Raymond and Annie. Raymond's head was bleeding a little. His Elemental Shape was unharmed by a simple smack on his head. The sphere that glowed bright surrounded by flames inside his Elemental Area were not as efficient. It was only a few drops of blood, Raymond felt fine to continue fighting.

He liked one of Katie's moves and wanted to try and copy it. As it turned out, the plan Eve suggested needed a move like that. He took the position. Christopher was not too worried so he relaxed and observed.

"RAIN OF FIRE!" Raymond said.

Raymond had got the inspiration for that move from Katie's Rain of Lightning and Christopher's move where he placed light rods above their heads and made them fall when they moved.

Raymond released a fireball in the air, it broke into innumerable fire sparks and fell on Christopher. Christopher released a light rod towards Raymond. Annie reversed its direction while it was just a centimetre away from Christopher's palm.