Chapter 11 - New Events

PART 1: FIRST RAIN

Things were getting back to normal. Raymond and Katie had almost forgotten that Gavin had caused trouble that morning. They had their lunch like every other day. Eve left for her home without telling much.

Raymond and Katie went to the beach in the evening. When they were coming out of the beach after relaxing. They saw a few trucks unloading some stuff on the sand. They wondered what that was about. As they had to leave for Master Wyngaf's speech on Battlelyte, they could not wait and ask. They were already late.

On getting back in the beech house they walked into their rooms to get ready. It was already dark outside. The speech was about to start, but Master Wyngaf had decided to go with Raymond and Katie, so he was waiting too. Raymond was ready and was sitting with Master Wyngaf in the living room.

Master Wyngaf looked at his watch and yelled, "Katie! Hurry up! We're late!"

Katie replied that she was hurrying. Indeed, she was ready, but her hair was wet. She did not have a hairdryer.

Raymond found out something to ask Master Wyngaf to pass the time, he said, "What is that, Master?"

Raymond pointed outside the window, Master Wyngaf looked through the window where the unloaded material from trucks was kept and a few people were setting it up.

"They're preparing for the First Rain," said Master Wyngaf.

"What?" said Raymond.

"As you know, Elemental Lands controls the weather," said Master Wyngaf. "But, as a ritual, they stop controlling it at the end of Summer. Like right now. They wait until the First Natural Rain to fall and then control the weather again. The day of First Rain is celebrated as a huge festival across the nation. They set up a Carnival here at the beach. People from all the nearby villages and towns come here to enjoy and celebrate."

"Interesting," said Raymond.

Katie came downstairs, drying her hair with a towel. She said, "Right now I can't leave like this.

Raymond laughed. Master Wyngaf shook his head. If Katie came like that, she would catch a cold.

"I might be able to help," said Raymond.

Katie's mind quickly started processing those words. She knew Raymond did not have a hidden hairdryer with him. She realised it. His face gave it away, Raymond was smiling nastily in front of her. He got up, Katie took a step back.

"No," she said.

Raymond raised his hands and fire surrounded it immediately. Katie placed her hands around her hair.

"No! No! No! You will burn my hair," Katie yelled. Raymond's smile did not fade. He still smiled.

"It'll only take a second," said Raymond. He took a step closer to Katie and she started to run away. Master Wyngaf could only laugh at this chase. This might have been the first time Raymond was playing a prank on Katie.

Raymond knew his control over Elemental Powers was not so great, but he decided to play a prank. Katie ran outside the window, Raymond followed. Soon, the chase continued along the beach. Even people setting up stalls at the beach thought something weird was going on.

"I don't wanna be bald, you will burn my hair," said Katie while running.

"We won't know until we try," said Raymond, dashing after her.

"Save me, Master!" Katie yelled.

PART 2: KNOWING BATTLELYTE

As there was no time to drive to the auditorium for the speech regarding Battlelyte, Master Wyngaf dived there with Raymond and Katie. He was smart enough to dive in near a restroom. Raymond and Katie were grateful for his decision, but they had no time to thank him. They quickly ran inside the restroom to puke.