Chapter 41 - She Will Wake Up

PART 1: THE FALLEN GET TO HOME

Inside a cave on distant soil, there was only silence. The sound that came was only of the violent winds above the desert. In the darkness of this cave, a light appeared in a flash and Christopher dived in.

He had his teammates with him. Christopher was standing injured. He was bleeding at his head, legs, and arms. His entire body was badly hurt. He dropped Miri and Dip on the ground. They were still knocked out.

Christopher took all the damage from Master Owens's attack on himself to save his unconscious teammates from dying. He could only dive up to 1km with his imagination and far lesser when he used the light entering into his eyes. He struggled to get to that cave in his injured state.

"Oh, you brought back the fallen," said a man's voice.

A man in the same black robes was sitting in the darkness on a rock. He was cleaning a huge scythe with a cloth. The grin on his face was full of excitement and no worry for his teammates.

"S... summon... him," Christopher stammered and fell to the ground unconscious.

PART 2: A NEW FRIENDSHIP

After talking about the Berserk states side effects, Master Wyngaf took Raymond to Aarav and Annie's house. They did not visit them as it would disturb their resting time. But that building had a point where Masters could dive in the Capital City. After that, they took a taxi and went to the hospital where Katie was being treated.

When Raymond saw Katie, he was struck with pain all over again. She was lying unconscious and he had nothing to do. He hated himself for leaving his teammate alone and showing up too late. He hated that he was not strong enough to help his best friend.

Raymond had not mentioned it to anyone yet, but he did see Katie's past when she was hurt. He had no idea how it happened, but it had something to do with touch. It had happened when he touched her. Katie had suffered a lot even at her home and now far away, she was in a coma.

Master Wyngaf mentioned that healing someone in a state of coma was hard. Healing worked easily when the person was awake. She was out of danger, but she needed to wake up soon.

"Can't you wake her up using your powers?" asked Raymond to Master Wyngaf.

"I'm afraid not," he replied. "Anything of that sort would do more harm than good."

Raymond wanted to sit there so Master Wyngaf left to check with the other healers. Master Wyngaf rolled his wheelchair out of the room and Raymond sat beside Katie's bed on a chair.

He sat there for hours and his fatigue had not recovered. He did not know when he fell asleep on the chair. When Raymond woke up, he found Katie still unconscious. Raymond looked outside, it was almost twilight. When he rolled his eyes at the lobby, he saw Gavin sitting on a chair outside. Gavin had bandages on his forehead and cast on his arm.

Raymond came out in the lobby. He sat beside Gavin. Both of them had never talked silently, but at the moment, they had no words to say anything.

"Master Wyngaf left while you were asleep," Gavin said. "He said he had something urgent. He'd come to pick you up later."

"No issues. I was planning to stay here anyway," Raymond said.

They waited there in silence. Raymond knew Gavin was guilty of his arrogant behaviour. But Raymond did not blame him. Gavin was a very reliable person, if he was not able to protect Katie, Raymond could not be sure of himself. Katie was strong, she could have helped, but she gave herself up to save Gavin.

"I was wondering," Gavin hesitated with his words, "if — if you could forgive me. You know, I was supposed to protect Katie and she ended up getting seriously injured protecting me.