Chapter 33 - Christopher

PART 1: EVIL LIGHT

When Raymond tried to leave the field covered with light rods above him, Christopher made those light rods fall to paralyze Raymond, Eve, and Annie.

However, Raymond did not stop running, the light rods disappeared. Christopher was shocked, he instantly looked at Annie, her eyes were glowing purple. She made all those light rods disappear with just one look. She was turning out to be more difficult for him to deal with.

Raymond reached close to Christopher to take a swing of his punch. Christopher quickly took a step back to dodge.

"Just keep doing that, Annie," Raymond said. "We will take him down!"

"That's absurd," said Christopher.

Raymond knew that Eve had started making a plan. She was reading Christopher's moves from the start and was analyzing the way he could be taken down.

"We can't defeat them," Eve said to Raymond. She had analyzed all she could, there was no way they could win without seeing others get killed or being killed themselves.

Raymond showed a thumbs up with a smile towards Eve and said,

"Just give it your all."

Eve was lost. Raymond's smile and words left her in thought. She wanted to do as Raymond said with all her heart, but her mind was stopping her. She knew she could never be a leader if she always ran away.

Christopher shot a light rod towards Eve. Eve was still frozen. The rod took a U-turn with Annie's powers hit back at Christopher's palm. His hand made that rod disappear.

Christopher thought it was interesting that Lord Aynor did not mention he would be facing a Unique Element like Annie. He never missed something important before. They were warned about 3 people to look for: Raymond, Aarav, and Eve.

Christopher disappeared and appeared behind Annie with a flash. He used to throw his light rods at his target, his throwing was fast, but still, Annie was able to control it or make it disappear. He had to make his hits faster and so he chose to stab at Melee range.

Christopher pierced Annie's arms. With him standing so close and being quick, Annie could not get her eyes on his light rods. Raymond moved towards Christopher, but Christopher shot light rods... one for Raymond's each limb. Raymond fell to his knees.

"No," Eve said in worry.

"Your turn," Christopher said, turning to her.

Christopher appeared near Eve, she was scared. Christopher pierced a rod through Eve's feet and pinned her to the ground. She screamed in pain. That should be enough for Eve. In a normal fight, she would not lose so easily but here she was really scared and had no hope to win. Christopher knew that she could not use her Elemental Powers.

"My mind is still working," Eve said to Christopher. "I will figure out a way to defeat you."

"Your bluffs won't work," Christopher said. "I can sense that out of everyone here, you're the one who's most scared."

Eve's face darkened. Christopher was smarter than her. She was useless against him. She was losing her mind enough to forget the pain of that light rod through her ankle.

Raymond tried to get up, but he could not. The rods in his body disappeared suddenly. Annie did all she could to bear the pain and remove those light rods from Raymond's body. Annie's eyes stopped glowing. She was in too much pain but wanted to help. She only freed Raymond because freeing herself or Eve would be of no use.

Christopher was impressed that Annie was able to use her powers in her state. It was admirable. He saw Raymond walking towards Annie. He gripped the light rod in Annie's right arm and pulled it out. It did not budge. Annie did not even feel any pain while Raymond used all his might to pull the rod out.