Chapter 7: Intoxicated~

WARNING: EXPLICIT WRITING AHEAD

After the end of Jimin's photoshoot, Jungkook's team decided to order food to be delivered to the studio, but then be on their way once the food arrived. Jungkook wanted to stay with them and maybe drink, but the two seemed to have better plans for the night. Even if it was hours away from the sunset, Jungkook just knew that asking them again wouldn't do much for him. At times, he wished he could convince others just like Jimin did. But for some reason, he wanted to be alone for this very night.

"Hey, Jungkook!" Taehyung spoke up as everyone began to get ready to leave with just their takeout orders sitting at the front desk. "If you're still up for drinks tonight, I have cleared my schedule for you!" Taehyung carried a heartwarming smile over his face as he awaited an answer from Jungkook. But, the boss only sighed and remembered the canceled plans before reminding himself of Yoongi turning down the invitation.

"Ah... thanks, but I'll just be alone for the night. Besides, I have to look at some applications for a few people who applied recently," Jungkook replied. Looking Taehyung in the eyes before patting his shoulder carefully.

"Oh you suck, you're always alone every night! Let's hang out... you know I don't want you to drink alone... that's sad! We should go out tonight, just me and you! Besides, it will keep your mind off of... you know... Yoongi.." Taehyung's voice fell into a whisper and that left Jungkook only tilting his head and letting out a scoff.

"He just turned down this moment with us because he's busy... it's not like he rejected me or anything! I still have yet to ask him out on a date sometime, though."

"Well? What a better way than to ask him right now? He's in the studio space... no one else is here!"

"I... I appreciate your words of encouragement, but today I just don't feel like making a move right now. He hasn't been on my mind as much as he would today," Jungkook replied. It was almost as if he didn't have the words to explain it. Everything he just said, felt like it wasn't enough to explain further as to why he didn't want to push himself today. Yoongi was already busy, so the last thing he wanted was to hear Yoongi mention that he would be busy again on the day Jungkook chose as well. It was forever an unapproachable idea that was never put into action in the first place.

"On your mind... let me guess, was it the whole stress of Jimin's photoshoot or was it just Jimin on your mind all day?" Taehyung wondered and instantly, Jungkook let out a chuckle and shoved Taehyung playfully.

"You're too observant sometimes, Taehyung!" Jungkook said into a laugh and watched the older smile before playfully shoving him right after. "Don't worry about it... and I'll see you here tomorrow."

Jungkook concluded the conversation and eventually, he closed his studio for the day after his workers left and finally returned to his apartment. On his way home, he picked up a pack of cold and bitter soju just for the night. If he was in the mood to hang out with someone, he would let Taehyung know and they would be at a club by now. But, it was moments like these where Jungkook just wanted to feel alone like every night.

Lonely was he, the boy came home from a great day at work just to return to silence in his apartment. Of course, it was always like this and Jungkook was used to being alone. Yet, it would get to him when he least expects it. He would wonder why he had no luck in chasing after the one he admired, but then turn away from the idea that he was too nervous to try. So when he would come back home without another living soul to text or call, he would drown in the endless pit of silence.

For a successful photographer, he worked hard each and every day to get to where he was, he wasn't very social and spent his time working. Eventually, he only had Taehyung as a friend and no one else. That was the part Jungkook was concerned about. Surely, Yoongi adored his boss, but they never really formed a bond enough to be carried outside of work. So, Jungkook just knew he was just a boss to the one he admired. However, Taehyung was always happy to stick right by him and that was the greatest thing Jungkook could have at the time. A friend who understood how much work he put into his passion.