Chapter 62: I'm Free (TW)

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️:
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS TRIGGERING AND SENSITIVE TOPICS WHICH MAY BE DIFFICULT FOR SOME PEOPLE TO READ. THERE WILL BE A CONVERSATION AMONGST TWO CHARACTERS REFERRING TO GROOMING, SEXUAL ASSAULT, DEPRESSION, A SUICIDE ATTEMPT AND DOMESTIC ABUSE. IF YOU FIND THAT THIS CHAPTER WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR YOU TO HANDLE, I ADVISE THAT YOU CLICK OFF OF THIS CHAPTER BEFORE THE STORY BEGINS.

IF YOU, A LOVED ONE, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, IS SUFFERING THROUGH THESE THINGS, PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO REACH OUT AND GET HELP. LOOK OUT FOR RESOURCES AND NUMBERS TO CALL AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"A monster..." the Director said to himself before letting out a scoff. "Jimin, you had your ways of wrapping me around your finger and making me addicted... I admit I manipulated you... but who's better at doing that than the angel himself?! I bet you even manipulated that boy of yours. What a poor soul, someone who will never learn about the one that he wants..." The Director had a way of turning things around when it came to Jimin. It was the number one thing he always tended to do as a manipulative and abusive person towards his victim.

"You don't think I know what you're doing... you don't think I know what type of man you are but I do... I know how manipulative you can be and the fact that you think you can turn this all towards me is sick!" Jimin spoke up and shook his head with tears falling from his eyes. "It's the same thing you used to do to me when I was so young and when I was in a relationship with you, anything I did that wasn't done right by you, you would manipulate me... you would hurt me... for you to bring up Jungkook and say those things, it's unfair because you're putting me into that mindset that makes me fear telling him! And I'm a fool to believe it..."

"Jimin, I am aware of the things I've done to you... but you don't have to run from it all now, I'm here. The only one who can protect you well. Jungkook can't protect you like I'm willing to. He doesn't know your flaws..." The Director mentioned and began to approach Jimin with a teary gaze. All part of an act he always put on when Jimin would behave this way towards him. For a manipulative man, he lived to have things his way and Jimin noted how toxic this was.

Of course, Jimin was aware of these things and knew that since he was very impressionable at a young age leading to his first relationship of five years, the spoiled, manipulative behavior of having everyone wrapped around his finger was something he grew into. But the only difference between the two was that Jimin was able to catch onto it and put a stop to it, however, Joo-won couldn't.

"Funny... you think Jungkook has to know my flaws in order to love and protect me... but he doesn't. He doesn't need to know instantly about what happened to me in order to continue loving me for who I am! He's patient... caring... I want to tell him everything as to why I'm so distant... he deserves to know so much and I have decided to let him in the moment I am free from you..."

"Free from me? What are you talking about? If anything, you can't leave the first one you ever loved. Jungkook is just a distraction to you! You belong to me, Jimin! I cared for you the second you came into this industry, gave you the world, and loved you for five years! If anything, you can't leave me even if you wanted to... that contract demands that you stay in my grasp until I've had enough and stand down from my position or the entertainment switches your Director! This isn't your contract in the entertainment, this is the contract you have under my supervision!"

"That's why you will stand down. I'm begging you to let me go! For once, please! Don't you think you've put yourself through so much? Don't you think you've put ME through a lot?! You don't love me if you can't see that I'm not happy under your supervision! It's like I'm in prison... you force me to be perfect to the world and carry on this image that has caused me to feel so desperate to run away from the idea! I don't want to be seen as an angel and I don't want to be seen as your angel!" Jimin continued to tear up until he noticed the man standing closer before him. Leaving the young man to anxiously press his back against the wall.