Chapter 51: Prevent

The manager longed to smile. He longed to deepen the dimples over his cheeks, and smile knowing that the Director's reign of terror will finally come to an end. Namjoon even managed to hold back any emotions; holding a blank face once he continued to listen rather than going back and forth with the older man like he usually would.

      "I... I apologize," whispered the director under his own breath before letting out a sigh. He rubbed his eyes carefully, and covered his face right after with his trembling hands. "I get so aggressive when I haven't had much sleep..."

      "Boss, all I can say is, learn to differentiate work from personal business. That's the best advice I can tell you as of right now," proclaimed Namjoon, "because it's not fair to Jimin that you long to get back at him by throwing all the work over his head. Hoping that he would crack under all this pressure for an act of revenge. It's not a good look at all."

      "Namjoon, you would never understand..."

       "That I would never, but for once, think about being human for once," the manager concluded. Standing up from his chair, and looking down at the Director from his seat. He could count the endless hours he has been awake, and only hoped that he would suffer now. In Namjoon's heart, he cared for all, but didn't towards people with bad intentions towards innocent souls. That's when he found out that Joo-won didn't love Jimin enough to hold off his jealousy, and his thirst for revenge. Sure, he did love him, but his love was far more different to the actual meaning of love. His definition was far more twisted than Namjoon had hoped.

      "Jimin's first photoshoot with that photographer is coming up in a matter of days or a week depending on when it's scheduled. That's the only big event in Jimin's work as of right now, you should join us for the shoot," he suggested. Even if Namjoon knew he didn't want Jimin to get anxious on the set because of the Director being present, he knew that this was the only way he could pull the Director out of the office in order to sneak the footage out behind his back.

       "I'll think about it," replied the exhausted man. Watching Namjoon keep a blank stare as he bowed, and then walked away. Not managing to catch onto any suspicious behavior from Namjoon at all. Just as the young man planned.

       A few hours later, Jungkook still remained hugging Jimin over the bed. His arm was wrapped around Jimin's small frame while the other caressed his light blond hair so tenderly. In his arms, Jimin was safe enough he could finally rest in his own room without crying at all. This was the escape Jimin wanted from Jungkook all along. Something that could distract him and make him happy when the world outside was crumbling down. For Jimin, he was at ease from the gentle embrace Jungkook gave him as they laid in bed to rest in each other's arms for once without having sex. This was the first time they laid in each other's arms to listen to their gentle breathing and easy heartbeats matching in sync. Nothing more.

      "Jimin," Jungkook whispered, "are you awake?"

      "Mh...mhm..."

       "Jimin, what... exactly am I protecting you from?" Jungkook asked curiously. Running his hand through Jimin's hair, and exposing Jimin's forehead before he could lean in and kiss him there. "Is it a scary monster?~"

        "Yes," Jimin answered with no context, no other word, and no other sound to assist Jungkook's question. "You are... protecting me from the world, including myself," Jimin continued and assured the young man. The way he closed off his sentence was a sign for the conversation to end here, so Jungkook knew he couldn't be greedy with the limited words he was given when he knew Jimin was opening up to him slowly. These small answers were enough to suffice Jungkook's concerns.