Chapter 50: Spending Time

Jimin didn't add onto what Jungkook said. He wanted Jungkook to stay and protect him from the Director in many ways. He wanted Jungkook to protect him by guiding his mind into the positive dimension he longed to find while also keeping him safe from the Director. Jimin knew Jungkook was his happy escape, but with such a great thing in his life, Jimin had the knack to focus on the fears that followed after.

      "He sounds like him... he's drying my tears like him and saying all the right words. Is Jungkook caring for me or is he planning to hurt me too?" Jimin thought before he quickly shook away the thoughts. "He's my happiness... my escape from everything... If he's going to hurt me, he would hurt me now given how vulnerable I've been towards him. Fuck... why did I let him in?!" Jimin continued to fill his mind with endless memories and conversations. Muting the sounds of the outside world to mend his own issues since he knew he couldn't tell Jungkook at all. He refrained from letting the young man know in order to avoid being abandoned or even manipulated.

      "Jimin..." Jungkook spoke calmly. Running his hand along Jimin's neck and leaning in until the tip of his nose pressed against Jimin's. All he had for the man was endless love that was waiting to pour, but he knew he couldn't give Jimin all of it at once and confess. There were things he didn't understand but for once, Jungkook agreed with patience and longed to hold onto his love and slowly show it to Jimin the best way he could. The one that was strong for the other, understood that Jimin needed someone to protect him for now. Even if Jungkook didn't know who or what he was protecting Jimin from, he didn't ask further questions and went into the quest blindly.

     "Jungkook, oh Jungkook... Can you sleep with me for the night?" Jimin asked, running his hands up Jungkook's back and hooking it around the nape of his neck. "Protect me in your arms as I sleep..."

      "Of course, anything for you," Jungkook whispered and kissed Jimin's cheek softly. "Jimin, if... you need me to sleep with you in this room every night... I will."

      "Does that mean you will stay with me and not leave me after you're done working here?" Jimin asked and looked up at the young man. Wanting to hear what he wanted, Jungkook only tilted his head. "I don't want this to be temporary too..."

      "Jimin, I will stay for you, but just know that I have my life as well. If I'm going to see you halfway, you have to meet me there too..." Jungkook assured and pressed his forehead against Jimin's listening to his shaky breathing. "We will figure something out."

     "I wish temporary was another word for an eternity..." Jimin whispered into Jungkook's ear. Their breathing echoed along the room that seemed too big for when Jimin was alone, now it was a perfect size for two.

    "Jimin..." Jungkook whispered. Loving the way Jimin's name rolled off his tongue the more he said it followed by silence. "You said you cleared up your schedule for the day, is that right?"

      "Yes... weirdly, there's not much for me to do today..." Jimin whispered, looking at the way Jungkook looked into his eyes and smiled to himself. "What are you thinking about?"

      "You," Jungkook whispered and kissed Jimin more and continued to speak softly against his lips. "Jimin, let me steer your mind away from this for a moment, let me protect you from the wrongs and let me lay here with you in my arms, will you let me?" Jungkook asked. Wanting to hold onto Jimin would in hopes of protecting him from any remaining thoughts. Only this time, it was Jungkook protecting him and his reason wasn't to run away like Jimin and use him as an escape, he wanted to show Jimin his care and love when he knew it was just too soon to say it. The best thing he could do was show it and make Jimin feel more cared for in his arms.

      Jimin's eyes looked up at the young man as his gaze glistened at the way Jungkook said those words. He blushed and instantly tried to suppress those emotions he longed to stray away from; fearing that they were broken along with himself, but to feel the comfort of the other above him, was something Jimin didn't know he craved too. With Jungkook, he longed for many things surrounding the happiness he only wanted to gain from him, but the security and care was something Jimin didn't know that came along with the young man who gave him so much when he was rich enough to own anything in the world.