Chapter 57: A Jealous Man

Namjoon smiled to himself the second he accessed the laptop, however, he knew he couldn't take long to pat himself on the back now. The young manager anticipated the laptop to start up and within seconds, he was already in.

"Now, I just need to find some foota-" Namjoon's thoughts went silent the second his eyes latched onto the screen once it loaded. Instantly, he was greeted to the home screen which had a picture of Jimin and the Director together at a restaurant. The sight of it sent a shiver down Namjoon's spine and wiped out all of the words he tried to assemble in his head.

Namjoon continued to glare in disgust at the old picture until his curious gaze locked onto a folder where it had Jimin's name written on the label. With the sight of the folder listed afar from the others, Namjoon believed this one had to be special. The manager had no idea what he was getting himself into, so he braced himself and double clicked on the folder.

Once the folder opened, Namjoon's eyes widened at the many pictures of Jimin that were saved onto the folders. Some were photos from shoots and some were photos he took with the Director long before they broke up. The first few scrolls were innocent until... it wasn't. Namjoon's eyes widened at the video footage hiding at the bottom after a good minute of scrolling through the top layers of photos. It was like an iceberg to the man, the tip of it only revealed innocent pictures of Jimin and further down, there were things Namjoon just couldn't form into words.

"There's many saved videos here... but which one is the right one? I can't sit and watch them all, I won't have any time for that!" Namjoon told himself as he looked over a few covers of the videos to see one of Jimin resting his head over the Director's desk. It was a specific spot on the desk Namjoon would recall watching the Director run his hands along during a weekly meeting. With that, Namjoon instantly pulled his hands back and shivered in disgust.

At the time within the video from years ago, Jimin was sitting over the office chair the Director would sit in; resting his head over the desk. With the sight of this finally grabbing the attention of Namjoon, he decided it was best to gather the footage he found and save a copy of it all into the drive. Only then will he go through the footage when he wasn't in the office.

Namjoon made sure he gathered all of the videos from the camera and transported them safely. Not knowing what they contained and feared what his eyes would meet when he would be looking through those videos for evidence of abuse. Even then, Namjoon was afraid to sit down and watch every second of them when the previews of the videos seemed to have parts with Jimin looking sad or even afraid.

"This is all for Jimin. I need to save him from this man. Whatever I see in those videos, I have to be strong enough..." Namjoon told himself. Finally, he managed to save the videos onto the drive. Not even bothering to look into the program that controlled the security cameras. At this point, he was already getting too anxious to even check anything else. Next, he turned the laptop off and stood up with the drive in his hands. Just as he was about to leave, he turned to the nearest camera and stuck his middle finger at it without hesitation.

"You can't threaten me anymore, you're going down Sung Joo-won... that I promise."

Back at the studio, the rest of the members in Jimin's team were far from his shoot. Making sure Jimin doesn't constantly feel uncomfortable with the sense of everyone staring at him while working. The only one he was comfortable with was Jungkook, so he was able to smile in every picture in the beginning.

"It feels great to finally work after so long..." Jungkook mentioned but Jimin only smiled at Jungkook, no longer looking at the camera. Gazing at the young man's eyes in which he longed to tell him the many ways he yearned to chase happiness with him for an eternity.