Chapter 19: Tonight's Plans

Namjoon could count the seconds leading to minutes of how long the silence between them became. He wanted to say something else after that, but he just couldn't. The silence wrapped around his mouth and drowned out other words Namjoon hoped to say. Even if they didn't exchange any words, gentle sounds of fabric rustling through their every move were amplified.

"No one...?" Director Sung asked as he only let out a scoff before fixing his tie right after. "I could have sworn you must have seen something... heard something... seen someone..." the man rambled on, but Namjoon only played on with the act. Not knowing what would be done to the indie photographer if he was known by the scariest man in the entertainment industry.

Namjoon knew how much power the Director held just under the CEO position, he wasn't that high up in the business, but Namjoon was fully aware that Jimin was not above him. The Director made it rather obvious that he tended to become highly overprotective of Jimin. Everyone loved the angel and what he wanted was what he received at all times. It was the Director alone who molded Jimin into that image and he longed to keep him that way if it was the last thing he did. However, Namjoon knew that was the biggest flaw that could ever happen to Jimin's career. Everyone loved the innocent concept, but not Jimin himself.

"Can't say that I have, Boss..." Namjoon mentioned and looked over the time once more. "Why do you... want to take time out of my day to track down what makes Jimin happy? If something out there makes him happy and no one else knows about it, maybe it's for the best. To have and know something no one else has access to. That could be the reason why it makes him happy," Namjoon hoped his words could change the way the Director felt about wanting to make Jimin happy for the sake of his image, but he was wrong to ever believe it could change the way that man thought.

"I don't think you understand... and I don't think you will understand what Jimin means to me... you won't ever know so much about what we have, so I might as well stop it right here... if someone out there is making him smile, I have to know," The Director mentioned and watched as Namjoon raised a brow.

"You're a little too into your job, don't you think?" Namjoon mentioned and watched the man shake his head. "You do realize that other Directors aren't really this immersed into their idols' lives... you do know that, right?"

"Just a director... hm? Again, Namjoon... you wouldn't know that my position goes further than just being a director to Jimin..." The man concluded. With that he raised a hand and looked at the man. "I'll let you go... I do apologize for taking up your time. If I knew you didn't know a thing about this, I wouldn't have wasted your time. Please keep an eye on Jimin. Thank you."

"Thank you," Namjoon regretted saying before he bowed and left the office so suddenly. He knew there was no way a meeting like this was professional at all. He walked out of the office and returned to a car that was going to take him to Jimin's penthouse right after.

Eventually, he reached the building and noticed that Jimin was running late to yet another photoshoot. He wasn't upset with Jimin at all since he knew the man wasn't well most of the time, so he only hoped to guide him to the right state of mind. Namjoon waited in the car for five minutes before getting out of it and walking into the building. Calling Jimin, but he would never answer on time.

"Oh, Jimin... this is every morning, please don't scare me like this..." Namjoon thought in his head as he made his way up to the expensive penthouse floor. After a while, Namjoon reached the floor and stepped in, quickly looking around the modern living room area before rushing to Jimin's spacious bedroom.

Within seconds, he opened the door to see Jimin laying there, silently looking out the window close by and never making the effort to start his day at all. Namjoon sighed in relief before walking forward to stand in the way Jimin's gaze focused on.