Chapter 60: Face To Face

Namjoon let out an exhale to release the anger built up inside of him. After reading the message Jimin sent, he knew Jimin had something very important to say in order to make a meeting with the Director all on his own. Namjoon strayed away from the screen, not daring to watch the video nor click anything else. Whatever was in that video, disturbed him completely to the point where he extracted the drive from the computer safely and held it in his hands.

"This is more than enough evidence... that man is going down tomorrow and if he dares to touch Jimin again, I wouldn't mind going to jail for manslaughter," Namjoon whispered to himself and rubbed his eyes. Trying to forget what his eyes met with that video footage from a while back.

That endless night, Jimin couldn't sleep. He remained sitting against the kitchen wall after eating a bowl of ramen Jungkook served him, but he was silent the whole time. Jungkook wanted to hug Jimin to sleep, but he knew Jimin wasn't in the mood for anything. Jimin was mentally preparing to face himself and the Director for the morning meeting, he couldn't dare to focus on anything else but the fear he was trying his best to fight off.

Jungkook laid in bed, tossing and turning with the sense of being stared at as he finally sat up and let out a sharp exhale. "I hate this room... how could Jimin live in this room before?" Jungkook asked himself before letting out a sigh. "No wonder he moved to the other one, that one is safer than this room. I always have a pair of eyes staring into my soul the second I lay here."

The more Jungkook rambled on, he came to the conclusion that he should sleep in Jimin's room instead. He knew Jimin didn't want to speak after their conversation and knew that this was different. The weight of his own words finally striking the beautiful devil was enough to make him ponder it and face himself. No longer wishing to avoid anything else now. Jungkook was glad Jimin was finally facing himself and taking his actions into consideration, but at the same time, Jungkook was worried about Jimin's current mental health during the time. Was he managing himself well? The young man recalled shouting and loud cries, but he remained locked into the room until he decided to offer Jimin a break. Yet, even with that, Jimin was silent.

Jungkook pushed himself to open the door and step out into the hallway. He didn't think Jimin would still be in the kitchen; pondering his darkest memories in the same spot he cried all day, but he was wrong. Jimin remained in that spot and the young man didn't realize it until he opened the door to Jimin's room to see that he wasn't there at all.

"Oh, Jimin..." Jungkook whispered to himself before walking out of the hall to where the kitchen space was and poking his head in from around the corner; catching a glimpse of Jimin pressing his head against the wall. Still sitting on the ground in silence.

Jimin was awake. The fears he had when it came to the Director never seemed to let him sleep every night. He would be in tears now, but the strength he developed when he thought of Jungkook, kept his eyes free of tears.

"Jimin," Jungkook's caring voice called out to the miserable man until he walked over to Jimin and crouched down. "You can still sleep next to me..." Jungkook whispered and brushed Jimin's light blond bangs to the side.

"I'm not sleepy..." Jimin whispered in return as Jungkook continued to run his fingers through Jimin's hair and speak to him softly.

"You're exhausted, come on, I'll take you to bed... but I promise nothing else will follow," Jungkook assured Jimin and continued to stare at him. "We need the energy for work tomorrow."

"I just have a meeting tomorrow, Jungkook. You can sleep in all you want..." Jimin replied as Jungkook finally sat next to the older man. Pressing his head against his shoulder and smiling to himself. "What are you doing?"