Chapter 58: Crossroads

"A Jealous man... How is the Director so jealous when it comes to Jimin? Does he want him? That's not professional at all. I can tell why Jimin feels uncomfortable speaking about him and work... and like an idiot I am, I would call Jimin the Director's angel as a joke, unaware of how creepy that man truly is," Jungkook thought as he kept his hand over Jimin's shoulder; walking out of the vast studio together.

All while Jimin believed this was Jungkook taking a stand against everyone and hoped to display his love, Jimin blushed. His face carried a vibrant red hue and for a moment there, he was in love with the idea of being affectionate with his happiness at a workplace. On the other hand, as quick as that thought came in, it was gone the next second when his fears made him doubt so much.

Jimin gulped and looked up to the young man standing close to him. Then, Jimin grabbed Jungkook's hand while it rested over his shoulder, and slowly moved it off. Letting out a sharp exhale while Jungkook quickly snapped out of his own thoughts; finally realizing what Jimin did the moment his hand touched his own side.

"Come on, Jungkook... not in front of everyone~" Jimin whispered to the young man. Turning his face towards the direction Jungkook stood in.

"Right, sorry."

Jungkook however, couldn't focus on that small interaction. His mind travelled around the Director and he closed his eyes. Wanting to forget the horrid thoughts his mind could even think about when it came to Jimin hiding so much from him. Could all his secrets come from the Director? Jungkook knew better not to ask at this very moment, but hoped to bring it up as they cooked together. Asking when they were completely alone, was what felt safer to Jungkook.

Along the car ride, Jungkook listened to the gentle breathing Jimin had. He rested his head over the young man's shoulder and kept his eyes closed the whole car ride. Jungkook finally set his thoughts aside and looked down at the older man. Blushing at the way Jimin completely felt safe with him despite their relationship starting off with just sex. Jungkook was well aware that he didn't know his crush's secrets, but it didn't bother him. He wanted to wait yet, when his own mind pushed him into darker thinking, he wanted to make sure Jimin was alright at the end of the day.

When the two finally arrived at the penthouse floor, Jimin walked in happily and stepped in by pulling the young man by his hand; guiding him in with giggles and a gentle hand hold.

"Be quick!" Jimin spoke happily, pulling Jungkook in with quick tugs and causing the young man to blush and smile to himself.

"Jimin, what is it now?" Jungkook asked. From the way Jimin continued to guide him in until they reached the kitchen, Jungkook only wished this feeling could last forever.

"I'll be right back!" Jimin released Jungkook's hands quickly and then rushed over to the hallway where his room door was left open. "Close your eyes!"

"Jimin, please don't tell me it's another surprise gift!" Jungkook called out from the kitchen area. His eyes closed as he began to feel guilty. He had rather hoped Jimin wouldn't surprise him with another gift he knew he couldn't repay since it would always be too expensive. "Jimin?" The sound of Jungkook's voice called out to Jimin, followed by energetic footsteps approaching him instantly. Within seconds, he had Jimin's soft and warm lips pressed against his own. Just this was enough to ease his guilt as if this was truly the gift, however, it wasn't.

"Open them..."

Jungkook hesitated at first, but once the young man opened his eyes, his gaze latched onto a black garment bag being held up by Jimin's small hand. With this, he was speechless when Jimin moved it forward and deepened his smile.