Chapter 47: Playing His Game

After a long day of work, Jungkook returned to his apartment building and walked up the stairs. Letting out a sharp exhale the moment he reached the floor he lived in. As soon as he turned to his hall, he was breathless and dropped his gaze onto a bouquet of roses sitting at his doorstep.

      "Another batch of roses, hm? Oh, Jimin..." Jungkook said into a breathless smile followed by a red blush painted over his soft skin so suddenly. "I bet you can't stop thinking of me too..."

     Jungkook picked up the first batch of roses this week and set it onto the counter of the small kitchen area. Recalling the strong memory he had of Jimin cooking for him and smiling. It was no secret that he was very fond of Jimin and adored him after seeing him every now and then. The young photographer just knew that his feelings would grow stronger if he got to know more about Jimin. So, taking that job offer would bring them closer and that alone made Jungkook smile and grow excited for the coming week.

     "He must miss me... I should call him," Jungkook said to himself before taking his phone out and wandering to his bed before throwing himself on it; smiling like a child that had endless joy filling his mind despite such a hardworking day.

    Meanwhile, Jimin was alone on his wide bed. He was wearing a long t-shirt over his underwear and his light blond hair was damp and resting over his pillowcase. Within the dark room, nothing else could be heard but the cries that echoed along the huge room. Through the endless rivers of tears, he hugged the oversized sweater in his arms. Wanting to feel the slightest bit of glee as the memories of the early morning came hurtling towards him. Even if this was something he did every night without Jungkook, it was a hard feeling to avoid when he was always miserable.

     As he continued to cry, his phone unexpectedly began to ring, causing him to flinch as a chill ran down his spine.

     "Please... I hope it's not him...please don't let it be him again..." Jimin whispered to himself until he sat up. Hoping it wouldn't be the Director again, but to his surprise, it was someone far more better than that. Jimin quickly sprung up and picked up the phone. Drying his tears quickly and smiling through his pain before answering the moment he knew it was Jungkook calling.

       "Jungkook! How are you? I missed you..." Jimin said happily into the call, not being able to hide the quavering voice from Jungkook.

       "Jimin... are you okay? Your voice is a little shaky..." Jungkook instantly caught onto the sound of Jimin's voice. Certainly, the young man enjoyed Jimin so much, he took the time to get used to every tune to his soft voice. So, he was well aware of when Jimin's voice sounded a little different. "Talk to me, Jimin... I'm here..."

      "I... I was sleeping without a blanket!" Jimin lied again. It was as if every lie he told Jungkook, harmed himself even more, but he couldn't dare to have Jungkook worry about the many things he went through after a long day.

      Jungkook wanted to know so much more, but the mere thought of Taehyung's wise words hovered within the back of his mind, so he took a moment to accept that being patient with Jimin was going to be difficult, but never impossible. The young man was ready for the challenge and hoped to have Jimin trust him with his all, so he accepted it when he knew this was going to lead him to something greater at the very end.

      "Then... wrap yourself up in my sweater and a few blankets, okay?" Jungkook wanted to make Jimin feel calm with him, not force anything out just like Taehyung said, so Jungkook remained patient.

      "Okay..." Jimin replied and didn't seem to catch onto the smile he had over his own face. "Did... Did you get the roses I sent you?"

      "How could I not? It's the first thing I see after work. I told you not to spend any money on them, I won't be here to take care of all the roses you sent me when I'm there with you."