Chapter 48: Temporary

By the following week, Jungkook managed to pack up the things he would need after work that Saturday evening and made sure the bundles of many roses he was sent were ready to be transported out of the room. Jungkook looked around in his room and wondered if he was going to truly stay with Jimin for so long. It was known that he wasn't used to living in such a lavish setting, so he was a little anxious to be living in an expensive penthouse with Jimin.

"It's only temporary... I'm doing this for the studio and Jimin..." Jungkook whispered to himself and looked down at the grey duffel bag just sitting on the ground. "If I enjoy staying with him longer, I will come back to make sure I get enough clothes. This is good for now," Jungkook said and finally looked at his phone to check the time. Counting the hours until he would wake up to the sound of Jimin calling him on his phone in the early morning just to confirm when would be the time they would finally meet again.

However, once morning came around, Jungkook didn't wake up to a call by Jimin, rather, he woke up to the sound of someone knocking at his door. Jungkook quickly sprung up from bed and rubbed his eyes. Only wearing his underwear to sleep for the night as he looked up for a moment. Trying to process what was going on until another knock pounded at the door.

The young man rubbed his eyes and glanced at the time on his phone to see that it was only seven o'clock in the morning and the sun had just risen. Jungkook then got up and walked over to the door before pulling it open and seeing Park Jimin standing there with a big smile over his face. He didn't have his face mask nor his sunglasses, but he wore a black oversized hoodie in order to hide his light blond hair from the world.

"Jimin... ah, you're here so early..." Jungkook said into his raspy morning whisper and watched Jimin hug him so suddenly. "Where's your disguise?"

"I have it here in my pockets! I just took it off... I wanted to see you without my sunglasses and my mask... but don't worry, no one saw me!" Jimin whispered before pulling away from the hug just so Jungkook could lock the door. "I missed you..."

"Ah, it's been a long week, hasn't it? How is work?" Jungkook asked and walked over to his drawer where he left a few clothes behind to wear other than the ones he already packed up.

"Stressful... there's too much on my plate as always," Jimin replied and suddenly stumbled upon the duffle bag sitting on the ground. "Are you only going to take this bag?"

"Yes, this job is temporary for me until I decide to make it permanent, right? I won't take much for now," Jungkook assured and gathered his clothes before looking back at the model.

"Right... temporary..." Jimin whispered in the slightest tone of disappointment before sitting onto the bed and pressing his body back. "Temporary to you... isn't a few days, right?"

"Well, it's not that short but definitely not a year long. It all depends on how I enjoy the job, Jimin."

"Right..." The beautiful man kept his words into a soft whisper before closing his eyes and thinking of having Jungkook stay with him forever. The way Jimin woke up this morning with a smile; believing that Jungkook was going to stay forever was enough to make him arrive early to his apartment, but it completely slipped his mind the moment he was told that this was temporary. It went over the idol's mind that Jungkook wasn't going to stay working with him permanently if he chose to leave after his short trial ended.

Jungkook noted the way Jimin became silent to the idea of him only working temporarily, but left it alone. Jimin was the one who proposed that idea first, so Jungkook only longed to stick with it just so he wouldn't have to jump at an opportunity blindfolded. The young man looked at the charming little devil laying over his bed with his eyes closed at that very moment.