Fifteen

Fifteen

" Sky would not approve of this D" Adrian mumbled as I took yet another puff of the cigarette I was having.

Since Skylar ran away from me, I haven't been able to think straight. She has a habit of taking over every single fibre of my mind, body and soul. Tobacco seemed to be the only viable solution right now. Especially with her refusing to talk to me.

But not like she would want to.

I keep picturing her scared in her little apartment. Of me of all people. Of the person who was supposed to protect her. I was supposed to bring her comfort, safety, someone who she could run to but this time I was the one that she was running away from.

"Shut the fuck up, Skylar doesn't fucking care what i am doing" I snapped back. My mood dropping at the mere mention of her name.

God, I have missed that sweet voice, her small hands tracing his shoulders as she spoke about something, anything.

I have missed her but I am a man of pride and I take great pride in making the friends I have and that goes for my ex's as well.

Sky needs to understand that I only have eyes for her, my heart is set on her that she shouldn't be threatened by someone who claims to know everything about me when in fact there is nobody else that knows me best than Sky.

That was something that could be easily resolved but what made me furious was how she put herself in danger. I was supposed to protect her but how can i do that when she runs away to a random pub.

I was scared that something happened to her. That, someone, took her and I could risk losing her forever.

As I took another puff, I felt my eyes twitch, another memory coming to the surface. I try to block them out but these last few days they have been coming more frequent.

" You know she does, stop being an idiot and sober up," He said as he rose from his seat, most likely to take another trip to the bar.

" Don't rush on my account" Deanna said as she came over, surprising me with her appearance.

I straightened up. I was confused as to why she was here. I didn't seem to be the only one as Adrian stared at her with a lost look.

" I thought you said you boys were having fun?" Deanna says as she turns to Linc who was nursing a cold beer in his hand.

Both mine and Adrian's eyes snapped over to him. " You called her?" Adrian asked surprised. Linc who was sitting so casually just shrugged his shoulders.

" I don't think it's a big deal, she makes Damon actually fun on nights like these" He explained. I had a feeling he wanted to say something else, but he made the right decision in stopping himself.

If he even mentioned Sky, i'd be over this table socking him straight in the mouth with no regrets.

Deanna smiled sweetly as she took a seat to my right, bringing her chair closer to me. Instantly I started thinking about what sky said to me the other night.

-

This time I didn't let the door close. My body slammed into the opening of the door. I was way too drunk to even string a sentence to the uber driver on the way here but strangely enough as I stand before Sky. I seemed to sober right up.

" Damon, please I don't want to do this now" She says as she walks further into her apartment. Her laptop and notes covering the table with takeout boxes still filled to the brim with food.

" When are we, because ignoring me doesn't seem like you want to even talk about this" I said kicking the door shut behind me.

Her eyes went to the door, the completely bypassed my own. It hurt so much that I wanted to rub my chest with how much it hurt. When was the last time she actually looked into my eyes. Really looked.