Fifty Six

56

" Are you sure that you want to do this?" Christian asked me as he drove me to my office building.

I nodded. " It's for the best. I can't continue working here in London. My life is in France whether I like it or not" I had thought about this for the last few nights. Being away from Damon had helped.

It helped to clear my mind and think about what I really wanted in my future. All I knew, was that Damon was the constant.

I didn't want to limit myself, I knew that in those years when Damon was in the army. I barely lived for myself, I was always hoping that Damon would come back to me.

I needed to live my life and have Damon by my side.

" Damon would hate for you to choose between him and your career sweetheart," He said as he manoeuvred into a parking space in front of the building.

That's why I had to do this. I couldn't forgive myself if he sold that beautiful property that he built for us. Coming to work every day would only remind me.

" He's not making me choose Christian, this is my decision and besides I can find a new job that lets me be with Damon wholeheartedly.

" I'm really glad Damon's with you, you're a clever girl" He said as he cut the engine.

Christian was going to wait here whilst I gave in my resignation. We all were having dinner at Christians to do more wedding planning. After speaking with the bridesmaids last night. It's become apparent that we still have a lot to do.

"Is that the only reason?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Where do I start Sky, Damon isn't the man he is without you"

I scoffed. " I think that's my line. Christian, you are the one that's made Damon the man he is today"

"Do you really want to debate this?" He asked with a raised brow.

I gave him my full attention by turning to face him. Game on old man.

"Just get in there before we end up in Lily's bad books"

Wow, I thought. Lily has this effect on even a man like Christian.

I made my way up to the office in search of Tony. I had informed him that I was coming in today to speak with him so he was expecting me.

" You're going to really upset me if there's a letter in that Parisian handbag of yours. Henri said as he stood by the staff room door.

I looked down at my bag with a guilty expression.

"So it really is true?" Henri said in shock. I think the hardest part of this all was leaving my team. I made many great memories here with them. I learnt a lot from them since starting this job.

"I'm not leaving forever, I'll come back and see you all when I'm back in London" I Told him.

I still loved London but I just couldn't work here anymore.

" Well of course you are, otherwise I'll kidnap you"

I let out a smile and made my way over. I let him wrap his arms around me.

"He's gotta be big if you're leaving us for him" Henri said as he pulled away.

I swatted him on the chest for making such a comment. How ridiculous.

" You're not denying it" He gasps.

"Oh be quiet" Henri just walked away from me with a knowing smirk plastered on his face. I couldn't help but smile.