Thirty Nine

Thirty Nine

The next day we all headed to Christian's house. Mum and Natalie prepared lots of food and it turned into a small get-together. I sat outside with Lily and her friend Maxine. She was very good at being straight up with my sister. Who was struggling so much in deciding what she wanted or what she thought she wanted.

Maxine was Adam's new favourite person and mine too, probably to all the family as well.

" Can you believe they hadn't even set out a date for the wedding Skylar?" Maxine said, giving her friend the stink eye.

I shook my head. " Seriously Lily, have you even thought about the invitations?"

I watched Lily subtly look at Maxine who let out a harsh groan.

How have they not thought about invitations yet? They want to get married in 5 months' time, and we have family around the world that would want to come and celebrate with us all.

" I'm over discussing the invitations, that's up to her now"

I felt for Maxine. She was a sweet girl but she really had her head screwed on. Very mature for her age and a complete blonde beauty which I've been told works in her favour very well.

" It's fine Sky, me and Adam are working on it this weekend," Lily tells us, trying to reassure us but like Maxine, I was starting to lose patience. If it was my own wedding I'd have all these things sorted as soon as possible.

But as her older sister, sometimes I have to let her do things her way, and I'm sure that she will be fine, and get everything done even if it stresses her out to no end.

Maxine and Lily soon got talking about random influencers on Instagram, I excused myself as I got a surprising message through my Instagram account. I moved towards a quiet corner in the living room.

I opened up the message just as I felt Damon lean over and place a light kiss on my head. " You okay baby?" he asks.

" Yeah but I just got a message from someone I haven't spoken to in so long" Damon gently moved to sit with me on the sofa, letting me lean into his back as we both looked down at my phone.

" who?" He asks. I quickly clicked on the profile and showed him one of their pictures.

Damon coughed randomly, forcing me to sit further up. I gave him a quizzical eye.

" Jesus Christ baby, is that what she looks like now" He blurted, not even thinking about the words that he was saying.

I turned and hit him in the chest. " Don't be so mean, she just looks a little different but that's not a bad thing" I defended her.

Charlotte was someone me and Damon went to school with. She was your typical grade A student who passed with flying colours. I ended up getting really close with her but she also had the biggest crush on Damon.

But to the point that it was on the verge of being creepy, that's how Damon would describe it anyway.

I found it cute, I also had a huge crush on Damon but Charlotte struggled to keep it at bay. A few months before Damon left for the army she and I got really close and I guess you could say that we were close to being best friends. Only because she soon stopped obsessing over Damon which made it a lot easier to hang out with her.

Damon still felt slightly uncomfortable but didn't mind being around her on the odd occasion.

" I know that, it's just i never expected her to have so many tattoos"