Ten

Ten

After speaking to Riley for a while, I was feeling much more comfortable being here without Damon standing with me keeping me company. Riley had an act for making you feel calm even as she spoke about other women and their behaviour towards Damon.

I think she was trying her best to reassure me that Damon really only had eyes for me in that way.

After my first initial desire to stop talking to her, she made it abundantly clear that she had no romantic feelings for Damon but she could clearly see why most girls did.

I found out that she was a nurse and worked at the local hospital in the maternity ward. She had some surprising stories to tell me about some of the babies that were delivered in her ward. Soon enough she was approached by a guy who looked slightly older than both of us.

Her eyes shone. " c'mon they're all going to the private area let's go" she called out over the music before pulling me along with her. Leaving no room for objections by me.

This was a private secluded area inside the bar. There was big comfortable sofas that lined the back of the wall, and little seats spread around the room with little tables. There was also a small but private mini bar with just one bartender managing it.

"I'm going to grab us some drinks, " I said to her as she danced with the guy that invited her. He was older but still carried some youth with him and also, he was one sexy guy with all the tattoos covering his arms.

Riley didn't seem like someone that would let a man take advantage of her or get herself into the position in the first place. So I knew that I could leave her alone and not worry.

As I stood by the bar I moved my eyes to Damon, instantly seeing him sitting on one of the sofas chatting leisurely to his mates. His position leant forward, his lips curving into that grin as he spoke with the people around him. He had some friends who were girls. They were friendly though not like Tegan.

I grabbed me and Riley a drink and I also grabbed a beer for Damon.

Just one. To get him relaxed but nothing strong enough to affect Damon who I also knew was not a lightweight. I should have thought of that when I assumed that Damon had forgotten about our first kiss.

I walked over to him slightly nervous to intrude in his friendship group.

" would you like one Damon?, " I said handing him the beer. He took it offering me a smile that made me feel better about coming over unannounced.

As Damon's lips wrapped around the bottle, she spoke out. Loud and clear.

" he's driving didn't you think about that," Tegan said wrapping her fingers around the base of the bottle. She wore a smug look on her face almost as if I was making a fool out of myself when I was only giving him a drink.

"Tegan" Damon warns her with a straight look. But before he could say another word I placed my hand on his broad shoulder. He pressed his lips together, understanding me.

" I know that Damon can handle his drink and he should loosen up," I said taking a sip of my gin and tonic. Damon's friends seemed to be attempting to hide their smiles. I also knew that if Damon did become slightly intoxicated that we would make an alternative plan to get home.

Tegan only stared at me but I knew she wanted to say something else. I was tired of letting girls walk over me when it concerned Damon. In school it was understandable but now, I wouldn't allow it.

I stepped back and faced her straight on.

"Respectively, I've known Damon for a long time and know he can handle his alcohol" I said speaking confidently to Tegan.