Thirteen

Thirteen

Damon's Pov

" Ruby, how many times have i warned you about sneaking up on me" I asked the little girl in my most calmest voice. I counted myself lucky that i saw her running towards me that i didn't raise my voice.

Adrian would surely have something to say about that and i'm not interested in being on the receiving end of his hard blow. Mans a beast when he wants to be. I remember the first week in the army. I was paired up with Adrian and honestly the guy scared the shit out of me. But after a few more days I soon realised that the man's a huge softie. Ran on pure emotions and soon enough we were working together on the front lines. He has an annoying personality but he has a big heart and even bigger determination to fight for those he cares for. I owe my life to Adrian.

Ruby looked up at me innocently, with those big blue eyes " Sorry Damey I just wanted to see," She says nervously as she placed her hands above her on the kitchen island. It was an adorable sight and had me instantly thinking about having children.

I just knew that Sky would be an amazing mother and would look just beautiful swelled up with our baby.

I placed down the knife and picked up Ruby to place her on the table. I was confident that Ruby wouldn't damage the cake. The cake that my mother spent most of the last night making for Lily's birthday.

Much to everyone's belief, Lily didn't want a big party to celebrate her birthday but Sky made sure that she still had a small gathering. Thankfully Christian's friend offered us their estate not far from where Christians house was.

" do you think auntie Lily will like it" I asked the little girl. She stared at the cake and nodded enthusiastically.

I hummed. "I agree, cheeks," I said calling her nickname. Courtesy of her incredibly Rosey cheeks that she's had ever since she was born.

I placed her down when I saw her mother's eyes searching the kitchen. " looking for this one" i asked her.

She sighed as she walked over. " I told Adrian to watch her," she said with exasperation.

I shook my head at the carelessness of my best friend. Although I'm sure life will bite him in the ass when she grows up.

" she's okay, we're all out here watching for her," I said hoping that I could console her. No doubt she stresses unnecessarily for her daughter's safety.

She pulled Ruby to her hip " I know, you all are amazing"

At the sound of the booming voice of Adrian i decided to continue with my task, ordered by my mother. I picked up the cake and transported it over to the reception room next door.

The property that we were in was big in all aspects. I had never seen such a huge estate in London and this would put Christians properties to shame.

Once i was sure that it was safely on the table i stepped back and reached for my phone. The last message from Skylar had me grinning, thinking about the other night. Tasting her for the first time. I just found it cute how desperate she was for more. To finally feel my tongue teasing those lips of hers.

I had planned to give her more the following night but it was exciting to continue teasing her. She was like a tiger hunting that feeling of release, it was sexy. But I knew that the longer i tease her the more frustrated she will be.

I texted Sky to ask her how far away they all were.

Sky and Lily spent the day shopping with Lily's art friends and they should be on their way to the estate by now.

Thankful only 5 minutes, she's driving me crazy today.

I chuckled at her reply. Lily and Sky were extremely close but I know that Lily can be slightly unbearable at times, especially when it comes to clothes shopping.