Forty Eight

Forty Eight

Is this for the wedding? " I asked, peering over Yvonne's shoulder. She held a tablet in her hand with a ridiculous amount of different tequilas.

She clicked off the site and turned to me. " you wish, but no it's for our party and Damon said he wanted the most expensive tequila "

I stared at her blankly.

She blinked at me. " were you too busy screaming to hear his plans for luring in Henson "

I turned my head and locked eyes with Damon who was scanning through a book. " A party?" I asked.

When was this decided?

He closed the book and walked his way over to me.

" Henson treads carefully. His way of thinking is not easily manipulated and i think the plan your friends have thought of will work in our favour" Nathan said coming out from the kitchen.

I was aware that Nathan, the private investigator we hired was here. We managed to speak a little when I arrived home this morning.

He was an intelligent man with a lot of experience.

" How are we going to lure him here, He won't even think about showing his face and probably knows it's a plan"

Damon quickly came and wrapped his arms around me.

" He might see right through us but this is a way to get into his head, to mess with his emotions" Charlie explained further.

" the idea of seeing you and Damon surrounded by people that genuinely love you will fill him with rage" Yvonne adds.

Am I missing something?

I turned to Damon. " Do you agree with this?" I asked him. He parted his lips to reply but I stepped away from him.

" This is the same man that's been shadowing us for the last few weeks. Someone who wants to inject fear to us, to our families. You want him to come here and risk our families safety"

"Baby"

I moved away. " You have to find another way, you might know him better than me but there's guessing what and how he might react "

The room remained silent. I never wanted to be the one ruining the party. To stop the excitement that they clearly all I had. But how could I not be careful. Nathan was subtly nodding his head. " It's your choice. I was under the impression that this was already agreed"

I felt uneasy with the attention all on me now. It seems like I was last to know about these plans and that was a hard one to realise. A hard pill to swallow.

" we said we wouldn't let him dictate our lives baby"

I turned back to Damon.

" I know that but this is different. We aren't just living. We are actively searching out Henson and putting our loved ones in danger Damon. "

I had to stand my ground, I needed to.

" She's right, you know. On paper this seems like a good idea. But with Lily's wedding soon we can't be putting them in danger" Charlie says coming to my defence.

" What are we going to do then?" Yvonne asks with clear annoyance. I think she really wanted a party but it was too risky.

I moved over to the sofas, seeing all their plans spread out.

" What if we do something that just doesn't involve the family. Something small but still get his attention"

" Let's not get too fancy, we're wasting money on wines and spirits and it's just not needed" I said turning to Yvonne.